Saturday 21 March 2020

Who's Turning 40

Hi guys

Back to share another make, this one being the card I made for a wonderful friend who turned 40 last month.

This was my first use of this stencil set by Birch Press, I love it!



I started with a die cut panel of white cardstock.  First I stamped all the images in black ink, and left the stamps in my MISTI ready for restamping later.  I stamped the WTF and the 40 onto post-it notes and cut these out to use as masks.  The stencilling was next, building up the layers one by one using Distress Oxide inks.  The masks were then removed and I restamped the images to sharpen up the black lines.  I mounted the panel onto a card base using fun foam then added some shimmer to the white sections using a sparkle pen.  I managed to pick up the sparkle in the next photo...


Materials used:

  • Stamps: CAS-ual Fridays - WTF 2
  • Stencils: Birch Press - Mandala Stencil Set
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Oxides - Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Accents: Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Clear

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #381 - Anything Goes
STAMPlorations - March Stencil Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stencil Fun





I appreciate your visit, thanks so much :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow what amazing stenciling here Anita. Love the gorgeous bright colours and of course the fun sentiment. Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stenciled background for your Bold sparkly WTF and 40 and added who's turning. Your friend will love her card. TFS Anita...Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat and accurate stenciling job you did Anita; amazing! Thank you for playing along with us at STAMPLorations Stencil March Challenge and best of luck.
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    ...STAMPlorations {Stencil Design Team}...
    ...Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}...
    ...My Instagram...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...