Thursday 5 September 2019

Skull and Cross Buns - Hochanda Showcase Selection 4

Good morning

Just a quick reminder that Skull and Cross Buns will be launching on Hochanda TV here in the UK this afternoon at 4pm (Sky 673 / Freeview 85).

I have a few more makes to share with you, using some of the products which you can see in more detail during the show.

Here's the first...


For this one I've used the ghosting technique with the Honeycomb Hexagon Large Stencil.  To create this effect I blended Distress Inks in two yellow shades from the corner and faded it out.  I placed the stencil over the top, spritzed with water, removed the stencil and then blotted away the colour with a paper towel.  After die cutting the panel with a stitched rectangle die I then stamped the bee and its trail from the Spring Motifs set and the hello from Quirky Sentiments.  I coloured the bee and added some shimmer to its wings before popping the panel up on fun foam.


Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Wild Honey, Mustard Seed; Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Honeycomb Hexagon Large Stencil
  • Die: Create a Smile - Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Stamps: Skull and Cross Buns - Spring Motifs, Quirky Sentiments
  • Accents: Coloured with ProMarker; Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Clear


Next up I used the same Honeycomb Hexagon stencil but using a different technique...


This time I gently inked up the corner area of the stencil directly from the ink pads, spritzed with water and then laid the stencil over my panel.  Once dry I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die.  I used a honeycomb die to cut the opposite corner and inked up the card base behind.  I wanted to incorporate one of the acrylic elements from the range so I decided to turn this card into a shaker by die cutting an aperture from the top panel, aligning the 'life is sweet' embellishment from the Retro Sweets Embellish! set and adhering this to the card base, then creating the shaker, trapping some co-ordinating jewels in the shaker window.


Materials used:

  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Honeycomb Hexagon Large Stencil
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Wild Honey, Mustard Seed
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Double Stitched Rectangles; Tim Holtz - Mixed Media; Spellbinders - Classic Rectangles
  • Accents: Skull and Cross Buns - Retro Sweets Embellish! set; Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Jewels (Lemon mix and Cherry mix)

Challenge entry:

Always Fun - Challenge #126 - Shaker Cards



After a long day of crafting, the next card was the last one I made on that particular day.  I wasn't going to share it as it's a bit busy and quite frankly, I think I was losing my mind...it's a bit bonkers!  But it's quite fun so here it is... lol


What's the best thing to have at a tropical party?  Quite clearly, a flamingo with a pineapple on its head!  I don't know what I was thinking, this isn't my style at all, but I wanted to showcase the stamp set and the fun embellishments that co-ordinate with it.  The card base was stamped around the edge with leaves from the Tropical Party set and the flamingo scene stamped and coloured where the aperture would be.  I die cut the panel with the stitched window and stamped the sentiment in black.  Once adhered in position I then finished by adhering the acrylic elements from the Tropical Party Embellish! set.


Materials:

  • Stamps: Skull and Cross Buns - Tropical Party
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Rectangle Peek-a-boo Window
  • Ink: Altenew - Pinkalicious, Moss, Parrot, Lagoon
  • Coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils
  • Accents: Skull and Cross Buns - Tropical Party Embellish! set


Thanks so much for looking.  If you're unable to watch the show, don't forget, you can watch it on catch up over on the Hochanda website :)




(AD - some products kindly gifted for design team purposes)

2 comments:

  1. Loads of technique tips here Anita - thank you :) I'm definitely going to have to try the ghosting technique just to see if it works for me! I love that you made the bonkers flamingo-with-a-pineapple-on-her-head card and it would be entirely appropriate for several of my friends as a birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards and great inspiration again too Anita TFS 😀 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...