Saturday 13 April 2019

Less is More Challenge #393

Good morning folks!

It's Saturday morning and it's been two weeks since our last challenge over at Less is More which can only mean one thing...we've got a new one for you :)

It's the turn of our Colour challenge and this time we want to see...



The awesome Seven Hills Crafts returns as our sponsor for this month so make sure you play along during this and the next challenge to be in with a chance of winning the LIM monthly prize!


We have a wonderful designer joining us for this challenge, the super talented Milla who was one of our birthday month winners.  Please do pop over to her blog to say hi.


Ok, onto my samples and I have two for you today.  I was obviously in a friendly mood as both feature friend sentiments.  Here's the first...


This was super easy to make.  On a panel of white cardstock I blended two shades of Distress Ink in from the corner.  I very rarely use either of these colours but I adore how great they look together here.  I then used a doily die which is new to my stash to cut a white die cut and adhered it over the edge of the panel and trimmed off the excess.  To finish I stamped the sentiment before adhering the panel on fun foam.


Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Iced Spruce, Milled Lavender; Versa Color - Laurel Leaf
  • Stamp: Wplus9 - All Year Cheer (available from our sponsor's store)
  • Die: Sweet Dixie - Doily Five


For my next card I chose coloured cardstock for my top panel...


I chose this soft green shade and began by inking through a leaf stencil using white chalk ink.  I then found a teeny flower stamp and stamped these around the leaves with a peachy shade.  I chose a slightly darker soft green shade to stamp my sentiment and adhered the panel flat to my card base.


Materials used:

  • Coloured cardstock from stash
  • Stencil: Uniko - Natures Treasures II
  • Ink: Versa Magic - Cloud White; Versa Color - Cinnamon, Olive
  • Stamps: Uniko - Background Builders Vines; Altenew - Thinking of You (available from our sponsor's store)

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #336 - Anything Goes
AAA Cards - CAS Game #137 - Made in Minutes
Uniko - Challenge #52 - Spring



Thanks so much for popping by.  Looking forward to seeing all your subtle colour creations.  And don't forget to pop over to the main LIM challenge post for more inspiration from my fellow teamies.


13 comments:

  1. Such a delightful duo Anita. I adore the gorgeous, soft blending behind that stunningly crisp doily die cut on your first card. The white chalk ink on your second card looks amazing on top of the green card base. Two fantastic subtle coloured cards with great layouts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB DT inspirational makes and a great idea to remind us that the necessary "white space" doesn't actually HAVE to be white too - thank you for that

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just brilliant Anita! Subtle colour schemes done to perfection. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Both are stunning! Thanks for joining us at ATSM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very subtle indeed. I really love your blending on the first card, it is so soft. Such a beautiful background to highlight the delicate mandala. Gorgeous second card and what a great idea to use a soft colour card base and white chalk for stencilling. I have to remember this technique ! Have a fabulous week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two such beautiful pastel cards here Anita, you did such a great job again ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous pair of cards, Anita! I love the soft colours and the CAS designs are so classy.
    I hope you are well and thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards.Thank you for the inspiration X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Anita, both of your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS! That doily is so beautiful and I love the off the edge placement and your choices of color. Awesome idea to use white ink on colored cardstock for your second card. It looks beautiful and soothing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! Love the soft colours. The tiny flowers on the second card look so sweet. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope you will join us again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anita, your cards are so inspiring. The use of coloured CS makes it look so elegant! Beautifully CAS. Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards, hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Both cards are stunning and you have really captured the subtle colours theme! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita, your spring-themed cards send out lots of joy! Love them!
    You found a great combination with the leaves and the sentiment for a maybe difficult occasion.

    Thanks for sharing your creativity with us in our Uniko Challenge #52 (and sorry, I'm so late with my comment, but we had holiday-time from school here in Germany...)
    Greetings from Wiebke (Uniko DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...