Saturday 2 March 2019

Less is More Challenge #390

Good morning

It's time for a fresh new month and a fresh new challenge over at Less is More.  We're kicking things off today with a Theme challenge for the next fortnight, and here's what we want to see...


So, star sign symbols, constellations, or any link you can think of
and don't forget to keep your entries CAS


And for this month we have a brand new sponsor, Visible ImageJane, one of the DT at Visible Image is joining us as a Guestie for this challenge so please do pop by and say hi.

Visible Image



Ok, onto my samples, and I have three for you this time!


First up, I've used the Cancer symbol, the crab...


I stamped the crab and coloured him with ProMarkers before fussy cutting him out.  I then took a panel of white cardstock and added two strips of ripped washi tape to represent the sand and sea/sky.  I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die, stamped the sentiment and then popped the panel up on fun foam.  The little guy was then popped up on 3D foam squares.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Your Next Stamp - Flippin' Fabulous
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Washi tape from stash


Next up is the card I shared over on the main LIM challenge post.  If you're confused about how this relates to horoscopes, I used the symbol for Gemini as my cue...twins!



Directly on the card base I added some clouds using a cloud stencil and blended Distress Ink.  I then stamped the stork and bundles, coloured with ProMarkers and die cut them with their co-ordinating dies.  I popped these up on 3D foam for some dimension.  The sentiment was from the same stamp set.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: MFT Die-namics - Cloud
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Special Delivery (and co-ordinating dies), Hot Stuff (sentiment)
  • Ink: Memento -Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass
  • Coloured with ProMarkers


Last up, it's Leo the Lion...



I've had this Katzelkraft stamp set for ages and not inked it up so just had to use this lion :)

I began by stamping the hat, then masked it before stamping the lion.  On the original stamp he has a bird on his head.  I sketchily coloured him with ProMarkers.  I added the party streamers to team in with the party hat, then stamped the sentiment before popping the panel up on fun foam.  I used cardstock embossed with stripes for the card base to add interest to the border.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Katzelkraft - Les Jungles; Lawn Fawn - So Much to Say (hat); Altenew - Party Time (streamers); Avery Elle - Party Animal (sentiment)
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; Altenew - Evergreen, Forest Glades, Crimson, Rouge, Persian Blue, Caribbean Sky
  • Coloured with ProMarkers

Challenge entry:

Just Us Girls - Challenge #477 - Birthday



I think there's lots of scope for this challenge so can't wait to see where it takes you creatively.  And don't forget to drop by my teamies' personal blogs as there may be some extra makes they're sharing with you.

Have a great Saturday, I'll be back this evening with details of this month's CAS Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

7 comments:

  1. Oh these all make me smile big time! Especially the lion... Love the expression on his face. :) Super creative take on the theme with the twins-card and I love your soft coloring. Fabulous shading in the crab image as well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just brilliant! All of them! You have really made some super-creative and very beautiful cards with this theme Anita. The crab and stork are super cute....but I'm still chuckling about that lion's face - what an expression! Love, love, love these xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ! You totally rock this challenge with your darned cute cards, Anita. Three wonderful CAS designs and such adorable images. Hard to choose a favourite since they are all fabulous....may the first one with this fun looking crab and the bright colours. Love them all. Have a fabulous weekend ! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Anita, three stunning cards! That little crab is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I love your interpretation of this challenge. Super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I love the crab and your take on the twins but that lion just cracks me up. Thanks for the giggle :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita! These are such clever interpretations of the challenge. I love that crab, and I especially LOVE the way you created the sand and sky with those washi tapes!! I did indeed have trouble figuring out the Gemini connection - absolutely BRILLIANT!!! And the lion just made me laugh out loud with that sentiment. Fantastic trip of cards for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...