Monday 1 May 2017

Muse Challenge #214 - Stencilled Daisies

Good afternoon

It's time for a new a challenge over at Muse and this week it's my turn to be your designer.

The idea at Muse is to draw inspiration from the designer's creation each week.  Hopefully I've given you some scope with this one....stencilling, ink blending, the colours, floral design, bold sentiment, etc.




I used to think stencils were quite boring until I discovered that they can be used to create some fabulous effects with numerous techniques.  They are an inexpensive product to add to your stash too, so that's a good enough reason for me and I've bought quite a few now.

For this one I chose three Distress Inks that I thought would blend together well, taped my stencil to a white cardstock panel and blended through with my sponge blending tools.  Using my mini MISTI I then stamped the bold sentiment in black, twice to ensure a good impression.  I then mounted the stencilled panel onto a piece of plum coloured cardstock to co-ordinate with the colour in the centre of the design.  This was then adhered flat to the card base.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: The Crafters Workshop - Mini Daisy Chain
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamp: MFT - Brushstroke Birthday
  • Coloured cardstock from stash

Thanks so much for popping by, and hopefully I've inspired you to play along at Muse this week.  It's a great little challenge as it is voted for by your fellow participants.

If you're in the UK I hope you've been enjoying a nice bank holiday weekend.  The weather down here in Devon has gone downhill since the lovely day we had on Saturday so I hope it's better where you are, or you're managing to make the most of the long weekend.

I'll be back tomorrow evening with information about the next CAS challenge at Happy Little Stampers so I hope to see you then.



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous blending and colour choice and what an eye catching stencil to do the technique with x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love this! Great muse card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this muse card, and it definitely inspired me to play along. Your designs often do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful card. I didn't realise it was a stencil, I thought it was a stamp.
    So, you've definitely inspired me to take another look at stencils.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhh! This is lovely, Anita! Superbly designed and so, so very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...