Sunday 5 March 2017

Glamorous in Mint

Hi guys

Well, this morning I just wanted to have a play and make something for a challenge rather than one for my design team roles.

I saw the new challenge at AAA Cards which is to create a card inspired by the fashions on the Oscar red carpet.  So, after a little internet search I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

My card is inspired by a dress I loved when I saw it a few years ago...little did I realise it was from 2003!  So, here's my card, I'm a bit disappointed that the camera didn't pick up just how sparkly this is in real life...




And here's the gorgeous dress that inspired me, Jennifer Lopez's Valentino gown...


I took my inspiration from the diagonal sweep of the dress.  I stamped some flowers, leaves and flourishes in VersaMark ink and heat embossed in clear.  I then fussy cut around the images to create the edge to echo the design of the dress.  I adhered the panel to a card base and stamped the sentiment in mint pigment ink.  I finished off by adding some glitter to the outline of the images and the flourishes, and a few gemstones.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Flowers for Design; Altenew - Celebrate
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versa Color - Mint
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss
  • Accents: Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Frost - Frosty Dawn; Hobbycraft - 2mm silver gemstones

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - CAS Game #85 - Oscar Red Carpet
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - No Designer Paper
The Flower Challenge - Challenge #6 - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Challenge #125 - Lots of Green
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #231 - Anything Goes




Thanks so much for popping by, I hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

13 comments:

  1. WOW!!Glamorous indeed!!! this card is also gorgeous, you captured that beautiful gown to the last detail, love it!!!
    The glitter just sparkles so beautifully on your fussy cut flowers.
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you join us again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab take on the AAA challenge, love the tone on tone embossing along the edge.
    Thanks for linking up at this week's Anything Goes challenge at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderfully stunning is your mint fancy edged card! Love the dress that inspired it too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Beautiful card. I love the delicate pattern. It looks amazing. Great job with the photo.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully designed card! And a lovely color. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well my little teamie could you not sleep??? Look at you first in with an absolute stunner to our challenge. Gorgeous inspiration ... I can just see myself in that! Should we get matching ones for November??? Delicately chic and sophisticated and so wonderfully sparkly. Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...your card is ever more beautiful than Jennifer Lopez's gown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks stunning, love mint and the sparkle adds such a wonderful life to it. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful interpretation of the gown, stunning. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita, I cannot tell you how much I like this! Absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful take on the dress - beautiful dress, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is beautiful! It just goes to show that inspiration can come from anywhere! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty and a great take on your inspiration dress!
    thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...