Monday 6 February 2017

Muse #202 - Camouflaged Hello

Hi there

I'm thrilled to be your designer over at Muse for this week's challenge.

I didn't really know where I was going with this card, I just knew I wanted to do some colourful background stamping so that was my starting point.

I'll get straight to it...


I picked out some bright cheery pigment inks from my stash and a great little leafy stamp set and started stamping on a panel of white cardstock to create a fun background.  I then die cut with a rectangular stitched die.  I die cut the hello from the stamped panel (keeping hold of the little bits from inside the letter loops) and die cut it again three times from black cardstock.  I used my glue runner to cover a small piece of scrap paper with adhesive and placed this behind the negative space.  I inlaid one of the black die cuts first, along with the 'bits', then all that was left to do was glue together and stack up the remaining die cuts, using the stamped one as the top layer.  You can see the dimension in the pic below.  The main whole panel was then popped up on 3D foam.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Paper Smooches - Leafy Greens
  • Ink: Versa Color - Orchid, Marigold, Turquoise, Lime and Cyan
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Rectangles; Lawn Fawn - Scripty Hello

I hope there are some elements you can take from my card as your inspiration this week, and look forward to seeing your creations in the Muse gallery :)


5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card...love your incredible design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card Anita, bright, colourful and the black makes the word 'pop'

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fab Anita,love how you incorporated the sentiment too 😀 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just lovely, and provided me with such wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous card. So eye catching.
    Love the idea of using black card for the die cut. I must try that.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...