Wednesday 6 April 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More #188

Hi there

It's late on a Tuesday, or perhaps early on a Wednesday which can only mean it's new challenge time over at Addicted to Stamps and More.  We've moved onto the next theme in our regular sequence which is...


Holiday
(a public holiday such as Christmas or Easter, or vacation themed cards this week please)



Our sponsor this week is the fabulous A Day for Daisies who are kindly offering a $12.00 gift certificate as a prize for this week's winner.


Easter has passed and so has Mother's Day here in the UK so I decided to add another Christmas card to my 'very small' stash of 3 so far this year!  It did seem a little odd creating a Christmas card when Spring has finally sprung but it's never to early to build that collection is it?!

Here's my DT card this week...



I used my shiny new Mini MISTI for the first time to create this card.  It's so great for getting crisp images but I will say, it's not very user friendly when stamping off the edge as there's not enough free space around the card area, the original MISTI would be better for that.  But I must say it's well worth purchasing...I will certainly be using it when stamping within the card area and especially sentiments so as not to ruin my cards right at the end!

This design was pretty simple.  On a panel of cardstock I stamped the leaves.  I then stamped the poinsettias and die cut them out with their co-ordinating die, and then did the same with the sentiment banner.  I adhered the panel to the card base using 3D foam strips and then adhered the poinsettias, one on 3D foam as was the sentiment banner.  I finished by adding some dots of gold Stickles to the flower centres.

Materials used:

  • Stamps and Dies: Clearly Besotted - Christmas Poinsettia, Mini Basic Banners
  • Ink: Versa Color - Evergreen and Cardinal; Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Accents: Stickles - Gold

Challenge entries:

Creative Card Crew - Challenge #110 - Die Cut
Happy Little Stampers - April 2016 Christmas Challenge - Die Cuts



Thanks so much for visiting and please do pop over to the main blog for more inspiration from my teamies.  We'd love for you to join us this week.



12 comments:

  1. What a sweet little Christmas card Anita! I love how it just pops off the page. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Happy Little Stampers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delicate and pretty and love just the two colours (except the black), very modern and gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful Christmas card, Anita! I love the unique shape of the holly leaves and your sentiment banner is stunning! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely design!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC Extra!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful Christmas card with great use of die cut elements !

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! Beautiful poinsettias - perfect for our die cut challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful an elegant Christmas card,Anita...love your die cut poinsettias...Željka XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful an elegant Christmas card,Anita...love your die cut poinsettias...Željka XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 275 and my Patterned Paper April challenge - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry - I put the wrong message on my last comment (wrong hat on!) - it should have been: Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this elegant, CAS design Anita! The poinsettias are lovely but those holly leaves are just gorgeous and I now have to go look them up for my stash!! I'm glad you christened your MISTI and thanks for the heads up on the difficulty in stamping over the edge. I have the original one and I was considering getting the mini in order to save some space but now I don't have to!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers, and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet little card... the poinsettias are lovely, Anita.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...