Sunday 12 October 2014

Black and Gold Christmas

Yes it's me again!

I'm feeling a bit better this afternoon and my mojo has clearly made a comeback!

After the last card I was feeling all Christmassy so decided to make another one.  I've not really made much of a start on my Christmas cards this year so these will all help :)

For this card I was inspired by Vicki Dutcher's card at this week's Muse challenge.  The gold on black was really striking so that's the direction I took for this card.

Apologies for the photography here, it's really dull outside so I had to use my lamp but I couldn't stop the glare off the black cardstock. Grrr!





I cut a panel of black card the same as the card base and cut out the Christmas tree die, another newbie from Clearly Besotted, I love this die!  I had to make sure I kept the little black bits from inside the loops as I would need these later.  Next I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark below the negative die cut and heat embossed with gold powder.  I love this curvy sentiment and I think it works great with this die.

Next I die cut another tree from some gold holographic card.  Euchhh I hear you cry!  Now, I can quite happily say I have a strong dislike for holographic card, mainly stemming from my early cardmaking days when it was everywhere and I think it can sometimes look very cheap and tacky.  But for some reason I kept a few sheets in my stash and used in this way I think it looks quite classy...who knew?!

I then grabbed a piece of scrap paper, just a little bigger than the die cut and covered this with adhesive and placed it behind the black panel.  This meant that the gold die and all the little black bits could be put in place quite easily, and without having to add any glue.  I then mounted the black panel onto, yes, some more holographic card, just leaving a very thin border to add some sparkle.  This was then adhered to my card base, et voila, a finished card!  I'm a bit disappointed that my gold EP isn't very sparkly but it's all I have.

Materials used:

  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Christmas Tree Die
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Most Wonderful
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Gold
  • Cardstock: Papermania - Black; gold holographic from stash

Here is the striking card from this week's Muse, Vicki Dutcher...





I would also like to link up this card at the following challenge blogs:

Clearly Besotted - Challenge #14 - Christmas
Virginia's View - Challenge #8 - Clean and Simple
Creative Card Crew - Challenge #72 - Black Cardstock


I've now got an idea for another card so I may be back shortly!  I'm on fire today! haha



12 comments:

  1. Wow ... Super stunning and fun Anita. Love the holographic effect and the tree die is divine.
    That's one I didn't go for and will no doubt be kicking myself!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked myself out of the die last time I was at CBS and now I'm wondering why! Beautiful! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty with that holographic paper, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful take on the inspiration card, Anita! I love the abstract tree with this elegant sentiment...it's just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take off my card - that font is great! Thanks for joining in with Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I loved the idea of using the die extras for your other card too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. True CAS beauty! Love the glitter and use of die cut! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...