Sunday 21 September 2014

Heartfelt Thanks

Hi guys

Just a really quick post to share a card I've made for the current challenge at Muse, and I've managed to combine a few more challenges too, which I've detailed below.

Last weekend I attended the Sincerely Yours Papercraft Show in Taunton and one of the stamp sets I bought was from Honey Doo Crafts.  I spent ages browsing the stamps on their stand as they are all completely gorgeous but in the end I was very good and only purchased one which I've used on this card.  I will certainly be buying more though as the designs are beautiful and they don't charge for UK postage either!

So, here is my card using this stamp set called Flowers for Design...




I stamped the blooms and leaves in VersaMark on clear vellum and heat embossed these with white embossing powder.  Before fussy cutting them out I coloured them on the reverse with FlexMarkers.  Fussy cutting usually drives me mad but the embossed edges make it so much easier!  I layered up the flowers and tucked some leaves in behind.  To finish I stamped the sentiment in black, such a gorgeous font from one of the new Clearly Besotted sets, and added two Doodlebug Sprinkles in white to the centre of the flowers.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Flowers for Design; Clearly Besotted - Eastern Delights
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Doodlebug Sprinkles in Lily White
  • Vellum and cardstock from stash
  • Coloured with FlexMarkers 


Here is the beautiful Muse card by Marion Vagg, I think it's pretty easy to see that I was inspired by the blooms, colours and layout.



I would also like to enter this card at the following challenge blogs:

D J Kard Kreations - NBUS Challenge #2 (Never Before Used Schtuff) - Both stamp sets were inked up for the first time for this card

Time Out Challenges - Double the Joy (use two of something)

The Card Concept - #19 Color Challenge (Clean and Layered style)














AAA Cards - Game 21 - Create with Fussy Cuts














Right, off to bed for me.

I'll be back tomorrow with some exciting news!  ;)



29 comments:

  1. Stunning, perfect, exquisite, elegant .... Packs everything this one Anita.
    You've got to be onto a winner with it. Love it.
    Hmmmm! Looking forward to your exciting news too!
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the flowers! Heat embossing and fussy cutting-you did lot of work on this card! Very inspiring-I'll have to play with heat embossing on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positively breathtaking, Anita! You have certainly sold all the products you used! This has a wonderful tropical feel like the fresh flowers in a lei!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge again!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Anita... this is a jaw dropping winner for sure! I keep scrolling back to add some more clever words, but they fail me!
    Beautiful!!!
    Thanks for playing at AAA cards this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really GORGEOUS, Anita! The colors are absolutely stunning and your CAS design is just beautiful! I can see why you chose this set...the sentiment is so elegant, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita I adore this! The flowers are so delicate and I must try the colouring after embossing on vellum, it really adds to the delicate nature. So pleased you joined us at TIME OUT challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous blooms Anita, the colours are really vibrant . I suppose that's the vellum. Must try this out when I can find my vellum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love these flowers stamped and embossed onto vellum. Great tip to colour on the back too! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gorgeous card - those flowers are stunning! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Gorgeous it is! I love your heat embossed and coloured vellum flowers. Do bold and vibrant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous!! Love that you used vellum, gives it such a beautiful look. This card is perfect for both Muse and AAA cards, might have a double-winner here!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, and forgot to say thank you so much for joining in with the extra special Time Out Challenge, those two flowers are 'double' perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, Anita! Your flowers are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Love the bright colours and the white embossing! Thanks for joining us at Muse and the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sooooo very pretty, vellum flowers look so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very gorgeous !!! Lovely vibrant colours and those white embossed lines are beautifully crisp - thanks so much for playing at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those vellum flowers are spectacular, Neet!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is beautiful. Such a gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card, Neet! I haven't come across Honey Doo before but will go and check them out. Embossing on vellum and adding the colour is inspired - great for all of the challenges. Thanks as well for joining us at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really beautiful! The white embossing against your bright colors is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally and completely STUNNING!! I just adore white on vellum and your markers gave way to beautiful colored flowers! Thanks for joining in at AAA!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Anita!! I love your flowers. They are so big, vibrant and pretty!! You did an amazing job. Your card is a winner to me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats!!! The white centers and spiky petals really got me!!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness..this is just stunning. I love your use of the colors. Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply Gorgeous!! Anita, I love beautiful colours on vellum flowers! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept! - xoxo Yoonsun Hur

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think the stamp you finally decided on is a WINNER! Delicate and yet speaks very clearly that it is something to be admired! Great job and I have been inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...