Thursday 29 May 2014

With Gratitude

Hi guys

I've got a couple of late posts tonight to share two cards I made last night but left it far too late to photograph them.  Then today I was at work for 12 hours so didn't get home until late but I need to get these linked up as I won't be around tomorrow.

So, lets get to it with the first one...


This was quite a fiddly card to make but I persevered and got there in the end.  I cut a vertical panel from the same cardstock as the card base (you can just about make it out in the pic) and about 2/3 the width.  I then decided where I wanted the butterflies to sit and die cut the butterfly three times along the edge of the panel.  Next I stamped the sentiment onto the panel.  I then die cut the butterfly from three different colours of cardstock.  I then popped the panel up on 3D foam and adhere it to the card base.  Then came the fiddly bit, fitting the butterflies into the apertures I'd previously created.  A lot of sticky fingers later my card was finished.

Materials used:
  • Die: Memory Box - Vivienne Butterfly
  • Cardstock: Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock; Kraft card base from stash
  • Stamp: Paper Smooches - Chit Chat
  • Ink: Versa Color - Boysenberry

Challenge entries:

Less is More - Week 173 - Die Cut
Dream Valley - Challenge 82 - Things with Wings
Time Out Challenges - Challenge #6 - Home Sweet Home Photo inspiration (I used the colours as inspiration)













Thanks for popping by, I'll be back in a few minutes with my second card.


9 comments:

  1. What a brilliant card, stunning design. The colours are beautiful. I can only imagine how fiddle it was to get those delicate butterflies into position.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh you've been a busy bee Anita ... or busy butterfly. Love the stylish and elegant butterflies and great colours.
    Combining challenges is so satisfying not that I need to mention that to you as you are such a Pro.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous neets

    Love how you used the dies for this weeks challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at Less Is More
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever design and I am glad you persevered! The butterflies really pop against the base. Thanks for joiningus at TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just super Anita!
    Great use of those dies!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the inlayed die technique and your card is stunning, love how you used the photo inspiration colours. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card.

    Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to be so late commenting on the die cut challenge
    What a super creation Neets, worth the fiddling!
    Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...