Sunday 26 January 2014

Square of Squares

Hi there

I'm back again today with another card which fits a few challenges.

So, without further ado, here it is...





I stamped each piece of coloured cardstock with the same stamp using VersaMark ink.  I then cut these out with a small square die.  I used a larger die from the same set to emboss the base card, simply running it through my Big Shot using the rubber mats instead of the cutting plate.  The tiles were then adhered inside the embossed square and I added a simple sentiment to finish.  Easy peasy :)

Without realising, after I'd made this card a bell was ringing in my mind that I'd seen something similar before!  It seems I've CASEd one of Stephanie Wincott's cards featured in this post a year ago...I even used the same stamp!  Thanks for the inspiration Stephanie, my brain must store up these images somewhere :D

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Leafy Accents and Many Messages
  • Ink: VersaMark and Versafine in Onyx Black
  • Dies: Xcut - Nested Squares
  • Cardstock: Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock; base card from stash

Challenge entries:
Keep it Simple - Challenge #32 - Square
CAS-ual Fridays - CFC126 - Colour Blocks
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #79 - Clean and Simple
Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #74 - No Designer Paper
ColourQ - Challenge #225 













Who knows, I may be back again today with a third card!



13 comments:

  1. I love so much about this Anita-the embossed square, the colours and the sublte leaf print-thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, to be young and have the ability to recall a memory of where you saw this type of card done before! And a YEAR ago?? I'm SO impressed and jealous, Anita! I push recall and all I hear is a fart noise! Your classic, but updated, color block panel card is gorgeous! Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely lovely! I think the colours are so rich and warm and the simplicity of the layout is fab! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! What a fabulous way to showcase this weeks colors for ColourQ, so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Anita, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Anita - so stylish x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful layout, simple and very effective! Very nice choice of colors too!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Great colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. simple and stunning :) thank you for sharing with us at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them embossing around the little squares. Gives the card an extra elegant touch. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card, and I'm so impressed you can find where it's from a whole year later! Well done : ) Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable! Love your watermark stamping on the squares! Looks fantastic!!!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays in our "Color Blocks" challenge!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...