Thursday 24 May 2018

Smokin' Birthday


**Reminder**
If you haven't already done so, and you want to continue to receive my blog posts by email, please resubscribe using the button in my sidebar.  I will be deleting my previous email subscription provider account shortly.  Please read my previous post, here, for more information.  Thank you.



Hi guys

Today I'm back with a quick post to share a card I made for my brother, aka 'King of the Grill', as he's celebrating his birthday today.

I'll get straight to it...


I started by stamping the barbecue and sentiment on a panel of white cardstock and coloured the image with coloured pencils.  I then masked these and inked through a stencil with Distress Inks.  I adhered some dotty paper to the card base before mounting the panel over the top.  To finish I stamped the 'brother' sentiment and heat embossed in white on some black cardstock before die cutting with its co-ordinating die.  this was then popped up on 3D foam.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Garden Retreat - free set with Creative Stamping magazine; Clearly Besotted - My Hero (and co-ordinating die)
  • Stencil: Altenew - Warp Speed
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Ink - Carved Pumpkin, Barn Door
  • Coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Patterned Paper: Doodlebug - Kraft in Color: Color

Challenge entries:

Seize the Birthday - Patterned Paper
Allsorts - Challenge #468 - Happy Birthday
Penny Black & More - May Challenge - Anything Goes




Thanks so much for visiting today.  I'll be back on Saturday morning with details of the next challenge at Less is More :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for celebrating our birthday at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real fun creation Neets, perfect for our 9th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fabulous image and design. Thank you for joining our 'Birthday' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card. Love the grill. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fab design and perfect positioning of those stamps - makes for a wonderful card.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...