Monday 28 May 2018

Clearly Besotted June Release Teasers: Happy Hibiscus & Mix It Up - Guest Designer!

Hi guys

Well I'm super excited this morning!

I've been asked once again to Guest Design for Clearly Besotted, and if you follow my blog (and look in my stash!) you can tell that I'm a huge Clearly Besotted fan!  So to be asked to join the team with the June Release teasers is an absolute honour!  The June Release products will be available to purchase from Clearly Besotted from 8pm BST on 1 June 2018 and also from Simon Says Stamp.

Thanks so much Jenny and Stephanie for having me and for letting me have an early play with these fabulous sets.  The members of the CBS Design Team are amazing so I hope my creations are up to scratch!

So let's get to it, and for Teaser Day One I have two cards using two of the new mini A7 sets.

Clearly Besotted create fabulous floral designs and this first little set, Happy Hibiscus, is yet another gorgeous one...


I began by stamping the floral image using VersaMark ink onto watercolour card before embossing in white with Altenew Pure White embossing powder.  I then used my Derwent Inktense pencils to watercolour the image.  I carefully then used my trimmer to cut away the side of the cardstock, and cut around the edge of the design, much like partial die cutting.  I adhered a strip of burgundy cardstock to the edge of the card base, to co-ordinate with the centres of the flowers.  The sentiment, from this same set was then stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink and the panel popped up on 3D foam.

Challenge entry:

Stamping Sensations - May Challenge - Close to Nature
Happy Little Stampers - May Watercolour Challenge - Anything Goes (CAS)




My second card uses a mini set called Mix It Up which features some fun fruity cocktails, and I've used a single flower from the Happy Hibiscus set with this one too...


I chose Neenah Desert Storm kraft cardstock for my base and panel here.  I stamped the pineapple cocktail from the set in Versafine Onyx Black ink and then masked it to stamp the hibiscus.  I then coloured the images using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils (never coloured a pineapple before, that was challenging!) before restamping to make the outlines crisp.  I have a mini and a standard MISTI so I left the stamps in position to restamp afterwards.  I die cut the images using a pierced square die by MFT Die-namics and used another larger die to emboss the card base before popping up the smaller one on 3D foam.  The sentiment, also from the Mix It Up set was also stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.


Thanks so much for visiting today.  I'll be sharing more tomorrow morning so please do pop back, and of course visit the fabulous Design Team whose links you can find over at the CBS blog, here.

7 comments:

  1. Two super lovely cards Anita! I love the way you have created your partially die cut panel on the first card, I wouldn't be brave enough to take my trimmer to it. Such a pretty image and you coloured it so beautifully - a great design! And your super cute cocktail card - I always think pencils look best on kraft and your card is CAS and perfect - I wish I could do CAS like this. I always add more and ruin it! Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I’m so happy that you are joining us this month! Secondly, I love these cards! The first one is so pretty, I love the partial cutting of the image. The second is so bright and fun and I love that you added the hibiscus with the pineapple cocktail xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous- I particularly love the first with the cutaway image! Glad you're joining us this month! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards! Beautiful new stamp designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards. Love the design of the floral card. Thanks for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both beautiful cas creations Anita. So love those flowers. Thanks for joining us at HLS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...