Saturday 26 May 2018

Less is More Challenge #372

Good morning!

It's time to announce a brand new challenge for the next fortnight over at Less is More, and we're back with the genre that some love and some...not so much, that's right it's One Layer Card challenge time.  And here's the cue card...




And our Sponsor continuing for the month of May is the wonderful Winnie & Walter so don't forget to play along for a chance to be our monthly winner!


Just one card for you this week as I've been short of time.  Behind the scenes I've been working on a few cards which I can't share yet, but they will be posted very soon!

Here's my DT card for this one layer theme...



I masked the horizontal strip and die cut a circle mask.  I then blended the sunset using three shades of Distress Ink, removed the circle mask and gently blended over it to add a hint of colour.  With the horizontal masks still in place I then stamped the foliage.  To finish, I removed the masks and stamped the flag sentiment.  That was it, super simple.

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Simple Silhouettes and Flag It
  • Die (for mask): Hero Arts - Infinity Circle Dies

It's always handy to have these types of cards to hand as they are sometimes a struggle to make when someone is going through a difficult time, so why not use this as an opportunity to stock up.  If you need more inspiration my teamies over at Less is More are sharing some great projects and ideas, so do follow the links over at the main challenge blog.

I'll be back on Monday morning to share some exciting news and projects with you so please do pop back and see me if you have time.  Have a lovely weekend :)


9 comments:

  1. Stunning, stunning, stunning! I love the scene you created with inks, masking and stamps... These type of one layers are definitely one of my faves. The flag sentiment fits the design perfectly. I'm super impressed by this card! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Anita, your blending and masking is superb! Gorgeous colours and I love the way the circle highlights the foliage, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so beautiful, Anita - elegant and atmospheric. Fab inking and stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is strikingly beautiful. What a great job with the distress inks. I love that flag stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, Anita. Gorgeous ink blending and a great design. May have to come back Monday to check out what you have in store. 😉 Have a wonderful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful design. Soft and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply clean and beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh ! What a beautiful sunset ! I took this kind of real picture near to the sea and it reminds me so much of it ! Your blending is really amazing and the sun behind the foliage is superb. Have a great week ! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are oozing pure class here Anita! Gorgeous and flawless ink blending on that bans and the silhouette flowers are all that is needed to make this a timeless design. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...