Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Masculine Stitches & Hexagons

Good morning crafters

I'm not usually here in the morning on a weekday but it's my boyfriend's birthday today so we've taken the day off.  I woke up early and as he's still in the land of nod I thought I'd share the card I made for him.

I really struggle with masculine cards and don't having much in my stash in the way of stamps so I decided to just use masculine colours and some die cuts.  I wasn't happy with this at all until I finally stuck everything in position and now I actually really like it.


 


I cut out the heart and hexagons from some coloured cardstock, not really knowing what to do with them at this stage.  I used a stitched line stamp to frame the white cardstock, which was then adhered to some charcoal grey cardstock.  It was then just a case of arranging everything until I found a layout I liked.  I stamped the sentiment and added some dew drops to finish.

Materials used:
  • Coloured Cardstock: Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Love Hearts and Honeycomb
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Love Hearts; Hot Off The Press - Stamped Stitches; Personal Impressions - To My...(Sue Dix)
  • Ink: Versa Color - Charcoal and Pinecone

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Daring Cardmakers - November Colour Combination














Moving Along With The Times - No (Design or Digital) Papers


That's all from me today, I've no idea what we're up to today but a good start would be to go and wake him up! :)

Take care and have a happy Tuesday.





6 comments:

  1. Great card Anita, I love the colours. Happy Birthday to your boyfriend and hope you both have a lovely day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. I don't have many stamps/images and I am always looking for inspiration to use card and paper stock and die cut shapes to create beautiful cards. This card sure is inspirational!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great male card. Geometrical shapes are always good and the colours are very nice too =)
    Thanks for taking part in the Daring Cardmaker's colour combo dare.

    Have a great time and celebrate with your boyfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous design Anita … I love the colours and layout! the hexagons, heart and dew drops look fab and I really like the stitching effect around the border. It's a perfect card for a guy! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Moving Along With the Times this week!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really clever card Neets and just perfect for a guy. Hope you've had a great day. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I do love those hexagons and your clean & simple style. Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...