Monday, 18 November 2013

Birthday Cupcakes

Hi there

No challenge entry today, just dropping by to share a card I made for a friend's birthday.


 
 
I decided to use a stamp I bought from the £1 range at Hobbycraft.  There are some lovely designs and I have a few in my collection but I do have a problem stamping with them.  Whether I use pigment or dye ink the ink doesn't seem to stay on the stamp, it seems to disperse/bead on the surface of the stamp.  I tried stamping on some scrap card first but didn't succeed which is why I went with another option which was to use VersaMark ink and emboss with silver embossing powder.  The VersaMark ink is a lot tackier so covered the surface of the stamp much better.
 
I really want to use some of these stamps I have in my stash so any advice about how to resolve this problem would be gratefully received!  

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Hobbycraft - Cupcake Stand; Penny Black - Salutations; Clearly Besotted Stamps - Basic Stripes
  • Ink: Versa Color - Baby Blue; Versafine - Onyx Black; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Silver
  • Coloured with Promarkers
  • Cardstock from stash

Thanks for popping by, see you very soon

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet card, Anita ... the silver embossing really makes all those yummy cupcakes pop! On the ink beading ... you could try placing a piece of ultra fine sandpaper face up on your desk and 'wiping' the stamp across it gently a few times ... it's worked for me ... hope it does for you! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...