Saturday 23 May 2020

Less is More Challenge #420

Good morning!

I honestly can't believe how fast these days are passing by during lockdown.  It's new challenge day again at Less is More!  And I can hear you all groaning as we tell you it's....One Layer Card week.  Here's the cue card...



And before I get to sharing my cards I'd like to welcome Jen Mitchell as our Guest Designer for this challenge.  I love Jen's CAS makes and she's one of our regulars at Less is More so please do pop over to her blog to see her card and say hi.

Ok, I have two samples for you this time, here's the first...


I've tried this shifted stencil technique a few times before and I think I love it most on kraft cardstock.  You begin by stencilling with coloured inks, I used Distress Oxides here in three graduating shades.  You then shift the stencil slightly and use white pigment ink.  Oxides can stay wet for a while so it's best to let the first layer dry before adding the white ink, and I find the best coverage of white is achieved by pouncing the ink with a sponge blender.  I finished with a simple sentiment in a fun font.


Materials used:
  • Stencil: Clearly Besotted - Round & Round
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers; Hero Arts - Unicorn; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamp: Paper Smooches - Sentiment Sampler

Challenge entries

Crafty Catz - Challenge #507 - Anything Goes (Spots and/or Stripes)
AAA Cards - CAS Game #165 - Up to One Third (Repeating Image)
CAS Stencil Challenge - May 2020 - Layered Stenciling
STAMPlorations - May Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes





And I used some stamps that are new to my stash for this second card, and it was our Guest Designer, Jen, that inspired me to buy this botanicals set after seeing some of her lovely clean and simple designs.  And she's used the same set for this challenge too...


I revisited one of my favourite layouts here.  I used low tack tape to mask off a horizontal section then firstly blended away from the tape using Distress Ink, fading it out.  With the tape still in place I then stamped the solid and dotted leaves.  To finish I removed the tape and stamped the sentiment.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Altenew - Dot Botanicals, Leaf Canopy (sentiment)
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Scattered Straw; Altenew - Mountain Mist, Lagoon; Versafine - Onyx Black


As always, the challenge link will remain open for two weeks.  And you can find lots more inspiration from my teamies over at the main challenge blog, and links to their personal blogs where they may be sharing more projects.

13 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the effect of that stenciling technique - looks fantastic. I am going to have to try that one! I love the colors you used, and the technique does look fabulous on Kraft! I so love card #2 with those gorgeous dotty leaves. I do love that set as well. Your design is wonderful. Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Both your cards are real knock-outs Anita. Love that shifted stencil technique, it's one I haven't tried yet but you have now inspired me. And your botanicals are just drop-dead gorgeous. That stamp set is a 'need' one isn't it? Well, enjoy your week and don't work too hard my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are 2 super one layer card. I especially like the first one, such a clever way to layer your stencil and make it look like 3 colours. It looks great on the kraft card stock too. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS stencil this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card, love the soft colors! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an amazing 3D look you've achieved, will be giving this technique a go myself. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layered stenciled dots on kraft paper and beautiful colors, Anita. The font for your sentiment is fun too. TFS and Joining us at CAS Stencil. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous cards, Anita! I love the offest circles on the first one, especially on Kraft...very cool! Your layered stenciling is just beautiful, too! I love the crisp white edge on your border and how you blended the lovely yellow in the background...it's like a bit of sunshine peeking through :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s exciting I popped by to check out your card and was excited to see your second card first! I love the effect that you get with the shifted stencil technique and you’re right it works really well on Kraft. It’s not a technique that I have ever used but I will be giving it a go now!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look fabulous, so glad you joined us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both cards Anita. That stencilling technique is one I haven't tried yet but will give it a go. It makes a OLC look very tactile.
    I also love the dotty leaf stamp you've used and partnered with the solid one in that shade is fabulous.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your CAS layered stencil design and your color combo on kraft paper. TFS and joining us at STAMPlorations Stencil. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two fabulous CAS layouts and awesome stenciling Anita. thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations Stencil challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blends so well on kraft paper Anita, what a beautiful design. Thanks so much for your lovely creation entered in STAMPLorations May Stencil Challenge. Hope to see you again this month. Have a wonderful day :)
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    ...STAMPlorations {Stencil Design Team}...
    ...Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}...
    ...My Instagram...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...