Tuesday 5 May 2020

Good Luck in your New Home

Hi guys

Today I'm sharing a card I was commissioned to make for a friend a few weeks ago but I forgot to share it here.

It's very similar to card I made two years ago, here.  I just changed up the colours and added a cloudy backdrop.


I die cut a piece of watercolour card with a stitched rectangle as I wanted a textured background.  This was then ink blended with a cloud stencil.  I die cut the houses from kraft cardstock and adhered it along the base of the panel.  I then cut a tiny section using the same die, from coral cardstock, and die cut the heart from it and adhered it in place.  I finished with a sentiment which was made up from three separate stamps.  The 'in your' part of it was from a stamp saying 'good luck in your exams' so it just required a little masking.  Thankfully I catalogue all my stamps using Evernote which made finding the sentiment I needed so much easier!  The card was finished by popping the panel up on fun foam onto the card base.


Materials used:

  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; Happy Little Stampers - Village Die (retired); Lawn Fawn - Hearts
  • Cardstock: Kraft - Neenah Dessert Storm; watercolour card from stash
  • Stencil: MFT - Mini Cloud Edges
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Brush Sentiments; That's Genius
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass; Versafine - Onyx Black


Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you're all keeping well and keeping yourselves occupied at home.  I actually have a week off work this week so hoping to find more crafty time.  See you soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card Anita! I love your stencilled cloudy sky and kraft street. So pleased you finally got to take some time off work - enjoy some well-earned crafting time! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...