Thursday 21 May 2020

Honey Doo Crafts - May 2020 Release - Floral Arch and Around the Table

Hi there

In this post I'm sharing my final two sample cards using the new stamps from Honey Doo Crafts.

All the new products will be launched on Create & Craft TV tomorrow, 22 May 2020, the shows being at 11.15am and 3.45pm.  And they are also already available to purchase over at the Honey Doo Crafts store, here.


First up is a card I've made using the new Floral Arch stamp set...


The Bride and Groom image I shared yesterday is designed to fit within this arch but I chose to use the arch on its own here.  I stamped the image onto some clear vellum and heat embossed it in white before fussy cutting it out.  I then coloured in the wooden arch and voile swag on the reverse using Zig markers.  For my beach scene die cut panel I firstly blended the sand, the sea, and then the clouds with Distress Inks, using a stencil for the clouds (even through I covered most of them up!).  I then added the additional details to create the sand - a metallic and a black/white embossing powder, which I sprinkled on and then heat from the underside so it didn't get blown away by the heat gun.  And for the breaking waves I used embossing enamel, again heat from the reserve side.  A closer view of the 'sand' can be seen in the next photo...


To finish, I stamped the sentiment from the same set, adhered the panel on fun foam, and then adhered the arch using clear glue dots.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Floral Arch
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Tea Dye, Salty Ocean, Tumbed Glass
  • Stencil: MFT - Mini Cloud Edges
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Aztec Glintz, Salt & Pepper; Stampendous - Deep Impressions Embossing Enamel
  • Vellum from Stash
  • Coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers


And my second card uses a new set called Around the Table...


I began with a gentle blend of Distress Inks on my card base and then stamped the table and chairs image and coloured with ProMarkers.  I created a frame using a stitched rectangular die and adhered this flat to the card.  I used the Honey Doo Palm Leaves die and trimmed a section out to lay over one corner.  I finished with an embossed sentiment from the same set and popped this up on 3D foam.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Around the Table
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, Pumice Stone; Memento - Tuxedo Black; VersaMark
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; Honey Doo Crafts - Palm Leaves
  • Embossing Powder: Altenew - Pure White
  • Coloured with ProMarkers


There is one extra new stamp set for which, unfortunately, I didn't find time to make a sample.  It's called Beach Hut and you can find it here.



Thanks so much for visiting and for taking a look at my sample cards.  I'll be back again on Saturday morning to introduce the next challenge over at Less is More.

(AD - some products kindly gifted for design team purposes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...