Tuesday 19 May 2020

Honey Doo Crafts - May 2020 Release - Cherry on Top

Hi guys

I'm back tonight to share a couple more sample makes using another of the new stamp sets from Honey Doo Crafts.

And if you missed Amanda's Facebook live earlier this evening where she was sharing all the new products and samples, you can watch it back over on their Facebook page, here.


Ok, these are my cards using the new Cherry On Top stamp set...


I began by stamping both the image and sentiment in VersaMark ink on kraft cardstock but only heat embossed the sentiment at this stage.  VersaMark ink leaves a tone on tone watermark of the image.   Next I coloured in the cupcake by painting with a mix of Honey Doo mica powders and water.  These create a lovely shimmery effect.  Once dry I then re-stamped the cupcake in VersaMark (by leaving the stamp in my MISTI I was able to stamp in the exact same spot) and then heat embossed in white.  The panel was then popped up on 3D foam.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Cherry on Top
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Altenew - Pure White
  • Mica Powders: Honey Doo Crafts - Berry Red, White Opal, Purple Topaz, Green Emerald
  • Cardstock: Neenah - Desert Storm


For this next card I used the Cherry on Top stamp again, and some other existing Honey Doo products...


The cupcake was stamped in black and coloured with ProMarkers, I then fussy cut this out.  I used some stitched dies to create a frame and also used the Honey Doo Encircle die and laid a section behind the frame and adhered them all together.  I then added some patterned paper to the card base and popped the frame up on 3D foam.  The cake was then adhered over the top and a stamped sentiment strip added to finish, this sentiment being from the Honey Doo Just in Case stamp set.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Cherry on Top, Just in Case
  • Dies: Honey Doo Crafts - Encircle; Clearly Besotted - Frame It; MFT Die-namics - Stitched Sentiment Strips
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Patterned Paper: Hot Off The Press - Floral Cardmakers Ultimate Pack (years old!)


Thanks so much for visiting, I'll have more samples for you tomorrow.


(AD - some products kindly gifted for design team purposes)

1 comment:

  1. I was fascinated with yesterday's post Anita and even more so today! I always learn something new from your posts and today I'm bowled over by your colouring with the mica powders. You're making these large new stamps look great! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...