Saturday 16 February 2019

Rustic Kraft and Lace Wedding Invitations

Hi there

Today I'm sharing some wedding invitations I was commissioned to make, which is why I was fairly quiet with posts throughout January as I was working on these behind the scenes.

Now, I can't take the credit for the design of these invitations as the Bride-to-be forwarded me a photo she found online of roughly what she wanted.  Unfortunately, I don't know the origin of the photo, and of course if I did I would give credit to the creator.

That being said, I did need to spend a fair amount of time working out the dimensions of the folder and the individual card inserts, and then fitting the text to fit each of the printed cards.

Here they are...


Each invitation comprised an ivory backing card, a folded kraft pocket with lace wrap, an Invitation card in ivory, an RSVP card in kraft and an 'If You Wish' card in ivory which was a poem written by the couple.  Each of the cards were slightly different depths so they didn't overlap within the folder.


I finished them off with a printed 'You Are Invited' die cut tag secured and tied with some jute twine.


There were invitations for the day and the evening, the only difference being the wording on the invitation card and the RSVP.  Other than that they were identical. (Wording obscured for confidentiality purposes)


The lace ribbon held the kraft folder closed and this in turn was adhered to the ivory backing card, so the individual card inserts fitted snugly inside.  Each invitation was supplied with an ivory envelope.

These were a bit of a challenge for me, and not what I normally make as a lot of printing was involved and no stamping.  My little inkjet printer worked just as hard as me, and I was really pleased with the finished result, and the happy couple were thrilled with them :)

Materials used:

  • Cardstock and lace purchased online but unknown brand
  • Jute twine from stash
  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Tiny Tags Die Collection


Challenge entry:

Inkspirational - Challenge #180 - Text





Thanks so much for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Anita, these are absolutely stunning! And yes, the soon-to-be-newly weds must be ecstatic! Your talents, again, dazzle! Thank you for sharing these beautiful invitations in the INK gallery! As always, in awe....
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! I like layering, the subtle color, and the added lace. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...