Sunday 17 February 2019

Adorable Elephant Valentine

Hi guys

Today I'm sharing a Valentine's Day card I was commissioned to make.

Super cute and simple...



I stamped the elephant and balloon and then watercoloured using my Zig markers.  This was originally stamped on my card base but I made an accidental splodge on the edge of it so cut it down with a stitched rectangle die.  The sentiment was computer generated as these are the exact words that were wanted, and I die cut this down with a smaller die from the same set.

About a year ago I picked up some cardstock which is embossed with vertical lines, so I used this for the card base and absolutely love it.  I can't believe I've not used it until now!  It's fairly smooth on the reverse side but I still added a paper insert inside the card for a better finish.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: MFT - Adorable Elephants
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Embossed cardstock from stash (unknown brand)

Challenge entries:

Just Add Ink - Challenge #444 - Colour Challenge (my red zig marker faded to pink when adding water, plus grey)
Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #227 - Love, Love, Love
Always Fun Challenges - Challenge #97 - Love/Valentines
STAMPlorations - February Theme and Sketch Challenge - Stamps and Hearts
Creative with Stamps - Challenge #35 - Love





Thanks for stopping by, I hope you've had a lovely weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Anita, that little elephant is so cute, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, Anita. I love that little pop of colour in the balloon. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, this is so cute. I really like the stripey textured card as a background - it frames your main panel perfectly. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. That elephant is the sweetest. The stitched details & striped base (what a find) give lots of subtle texture to your card & let Ellie shine. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card..love it... Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Hugs
    Dr Monika Shukla
    DT - CCM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swoon! I love this elephant and the card. So simple but so pretty. Love! Thanks for joining the challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh such a cute card. Thanks so much for entering our hearts theme and sketch challenge this month over at STAMPlorations xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAW, this is super sweet! Great coloring on the ballown and elephant! Love the embossed card base and the panel you have colored and added. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations theme and sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...