Saturday 16 February 2019

Less is More Challenge #389

Good morning

After a few busy posts this week I'm back this morning with my regular introduction to the new Less is More challenge. 

Of course it's still our birthday month...



and we're continuing with our regular sequence of challenge themes, which brings us to the one for the next fortnight which is the 'dreaded by many' One Layer Challenge!  Here's the cue card...


Please remember to check out our guidelines, here, if you're unsure of our One Layer rules.



And joining us as our generous birthday month sponsor is...


No photo description available.

And for the duration of this challenge CAS-ual Fridays are offering our participants 15% discount with the code FEBLESSISMORE.


CAS-ual Fridays have a fantastic selection of stamps, many of which are sentiments so they're perfect for this challenge, and I've used the awesome WTF 2 set for my DT card...


For this one layer card I stamped the two parts of the sentiment on the card base in black ink and left the stamps positioned in my MISTI to come back to later.  I stamped the 'WTF' again on a post-it note and carefully cut the letters out to create masks, I wanted to keep the lettering white with the colour in the background.  I placed the floral circle stencil over the top and blended through it with three shades of Distress Oxide inks.  I then removed the stencil and the masks then placed the card back into my MISTI and re-stamped the sentiments to sharpen and brighten up the images.  To finish, I added some shimmer to the white space within the letters with a sparkle pen.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: CAS-ual Fridays - WTF 2
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Oxide - Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers
  • Stencil: Funky Fossil - Round in Flowers
  • Accents: Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Clear

Challenge entries:

Inkspirational - Challenge #180 - Word Prompt: Text



Apologies for only having one sample card for you again this week, I was so busy with my Honey Doo samples and sharing that I completely ran out of time.  However, please do pop over to the main Less is More Challenge post as my teamies are sharing their wonderful makes, and they may have more to share over on their individual blogs.

And, we also have even more talent once again for this challenge in the form of some of our 'gone but not forgotten' former LIM teamies, who have joined us as awesome Guesties!  If you have time, please do pop over and say hi.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you can join us.

8 comments:

  1. WTF that’s a beautiful card! I love all the shimmer going on in those letters! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes Anita-a super focus on the sentiment and the added shine really works with this. Gorgeous blending on the stencil-a joy of a card and great to see at Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely IN LOVE with that stamp set Anita and you have shown it off to perfection! Beautiful soft ink blending through the stencil and the shimmer on the WTF letters is brilliant. That looks like it was so much fun to make. Hmm....I may have to get my purse out ;-). Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! Love the sparkly fun sentiment and it is fab to see you using one of my stencils in the background too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta' love that sentiment and they way you laid it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fabulous job on this! I love how you added some sparkle, but still kept it crisp and clean. I really like the color palette you used and how the big bold letters pair so perfectly with the delicate florals in the background. Gorgeous blending of the inks, too! Thank you for sharing this delightful creation with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE the contrast here between the graphic look of the WTF and those beautiful stenciled flowers in great colors. Fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card makes me smile! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...