Monday 9 January 2017

Muse #198 - Yay! It's your birthday

Hi there

I'm thrilled to be back as your Designer for the first Muse challenge of 2017.

If you're new to Muse, the challenge is to draw any kind of inspiration from the designer's creation each week, so this could be the layout, technique, colours....whatever inspires you.

I decided to use some products which are new to my stash for this card...




I recently saw a card by the super talented Laura Bassen, here, and loved the blend of ink colours she used so that was my starting point.

I stamped the linen background stamp in VersaMark and heat embossed with clear powder before using the emboss resist technique to blend my colours.  I then die cut a section of this with a stitched circle die.  Next I stamped and heat embossed the 'yay' in white onto a strip of black cardstock and cut the edges to fit the circle before popping it up on 3D foam.  The circle was also popped up and I manipulated the rest of the sentiment to follow the curve of the circle and stamped this directly onto the card base.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: MFT - Linen Background; Altenew - Celebrate
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss, Opaque Bright White
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio; Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Double Stitched Circles

Challenge entries:

All these stamps are new to my stash so linking up to these:

Just Us Girls - Challenge #375 - Word Week 'New'
Sweet Stampin' - Something New


And I would also like to link up here:

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
CAS-ual Fridays - Challenge #164 - Celebrations



Thanks so much for popping by today, and I hope I've inspired you to play along at Muse this week.





8 comments:

  1. The color blend and texture are so cool, Anita! Great inspiration for this week . . . my creative wheels are spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So eye-catching; so fabulous! Aiming to play along!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card, Anita! Such a beautiful color palette, and I love how you added texture to your focal point with the background stamp...very clever!

    I was looking for this background stamp, but can't find it in the MFT store. Could you please tell me is it discontinued, or could it be the 'Cheesecloth' background?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic gorgeous ink blending and the black really makes it pop.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge X

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE what you have done with that technique...your circle is beautiful. Great design, I'm pinning for future reference. I would love to CASE this card. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun CAS card! Love the colors! Thanks for being a part of our gallery at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Great design and love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  8. that linen background looks fantastic blended that way!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...