Saturday 28 January 2017

Less is More Week #313

Good morning!

Wow, these weeks are just flying by, I can't believe we're back to another Saturday morning...they are always very welcome though!

So, as usual this marks the start of a new challenge over at Less is More and we're back with a Recipe challenge.  And this week, the ingredient we want to see is...


Balloons
(one or more)


And first things first, we have a Guest Designer joining us this week who was our December winner, and a fabulous artist I'm sure most of you are familiar with....the super talented Birgit!  She never fails to wow me with her creativity and her card this week is fabulous so, if you have time please do pop over and show your appreciation.


Right, onto my cards, and I have two for you this week, both of which have already been posted off for birthdays during this past week.

My first uses a stamp from a wonderful set by Katzelkraft which Santa very kindly brought to me.  I decided I needed some fun and quirky stamps in my stash and as a cat lover these were on my Christmas list.  The card was mailed off to a friend who is also a cat lover, and as she has four furbabies this had to be the theme for her card!



This week I wanted to make use of something I haven't used for ages.....patterned paper!  It was getting neglected in the bottom of my cupboard so I had a rummage and pulled out a colourful design to work with.  That was my starting point so, after stamping the cat in black I used some co-ordinating ink colours to stamp the balloons, and used a fine liner to draw the balloon string tying it to his tail.  The speech bubble was also stamped in black, and this is from a set I managed to buy from the lovely Michelle Short when she had a stash sale last year.  I then die cut the bottom of my white cardstock panel with a pierced border and adhered this over the patterned paper onto the card base.  I would have preferred to have the patterned paper section a little shallower but I had already die cut my panel so to preserve some white space I left the cat uncoloured.

Materials used:

  • Patterned Paper: Pebbles - Sunny Side
  • Stamps: Katzelkraft - Les Chats Russes; Clearly Besotted - Let's Party; Lawn Fawn - Chit Chat
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versa Color - Rose Red, Bamboo, Lapislazuli, Orange
  • Die: Avery Elle - Dotted Border Dies

Challenge entries:

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes (not played along with the toppings option this time)
Penny Black and More - January Challenge - Anything Goes
Darnell's NBUS Challenge #9 - Two NBU stamp sets (not played along with the optional theme this time)
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #226 - Anything Goes
Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog


For my second card I used a great set of dies from MFT to make a masculine celebration card...


This was super easy to make.  I die cut the balloon base from some polka dot patterned paper, adhered it to the top of my card base and trimmed away the excess.  The bow and string were die cut from green cardstock, and the happy from blue.  These were adhered in position and the remainder of the sentiment was stamped at the base in green.

Materials used:
  • Patterned Paper: Pebbles - Sunny Side
  • Coloured Cardstock: Papermania
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Blueprints 26
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Laugh Out Loud
  • Ink: Versa Color - Bamboo

Challenge entries:

Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #37 - Swirls and/or Curls
Happy Little Stampers - January Challenge - Anything Goes with Dies
Inkspirational - Challenge #127 - Polka Dots




Thanks so much for visiting my little space in blogland today.  For more inspiration please pop over to the main challenge blog where my teamies have worked their socks off this week to create some great cards to share.  I hope you find time to play along this week.




20 comments:

  1. Oh my! I am loving that quirky cat Anita and leaving it uncoloured was perfect! It's really the kind of expression a cat gets just before it realises it wants to pounce on something, isn't it? I think the second card is a fantastic Masculine card and the polkadot paper is beautiful. It's great to see the patterned papers coming out to play. Hope you have a fantastic weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The expression on the cat's face is priceless, Anita! Love the movement from the balloons and patterned paper and I must get that large MFT balloon die - it looks fab. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are great. One is colourful and the other monochromatic. Love the variations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SNAP! Looks like we both went for the CBS - Let's party but just shows how different you can make the same stamp set. Your safe with cat stamps as they don't tend to jump off the shelf at me!!! LOL! I ADORE that balloon die on the second one and fancied having a go at handmaking a similar design for this week! Glad I didn't as it would have looked pants next to yours!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards, Anita...but I have to say the look on that cat's face is priceless! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards Anita, love the cat one, the expression on "her"face is so cute. Love how you've used the patterned paper too, might inspire me to try and use more of mine! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...love that cat, so cute! Terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anita - these are two fabulous cards - I love the bright colours of the first (I have that cat set and I love how you tied the balloon to his tail). The second is bold and striking and perfectly cas - the perfect use of polka dots. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these Anita! The second one is so stylish and a fantastic layout with the coordinated sentiment overlapping the balloon string. I adore your first one with that awesome patterned paper, pierced border, funky cat and the hand drawn balloon string - I honestly thought that had been stamped! Really fun cards. Hope you're having a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great balloon cards! Your masculine card is wonderful for our polka dot challenge. I love the design with the giant balloon. So fun! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Anita. The cat made me still smile :-))
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards Anita ! Love the CAS dotted balloon, it perfectly represents what "Less is More" means ! But I admit that my favorite card is the one with the cat! This cat reminds me the Simon's cat one ! I never think about adding pattern paper on my cards but what a great idea ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring !
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fabulous and sweet balloon cards, love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cat card is wonderful! Love how you used the patterned paper. thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Your other card is also a great take on the challenge. I am struggling as no balloons! Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two really fun card, especially love the first one with that funny cat!
    Thank you so much for joining us this month at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anita both of your cards are wonderful but I am especially in love with the kitty card! Love the look on his face and the balloon tied to his tail. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anita, I like both of your cards. But if I should choose one I would take the cat - it just looks so funny!
    Greetings from Wiebke (KomMa-designed)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both the cards are just fantastic...First one is colorful and other one just perfect for Masculine card..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - anything goes with dies. Hugs xx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  20. Who doesn't love balloons? These are both fantastic, Anita! I love that you used that great PP on your fun cat-lover's birthday card and how you left the kitty uncolored! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9! Sorry I'm so late commenting on the galleries cuz of my wee surgery - slowly, but surely! Do hope to get a chance to play in LIM's 6th birthday celebration! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...