Saturday 7 January 2017

Less is More Week #310

Hi there

Today marks the first challenge of 2017 at Less is More.  And as always on the first Saturday of the month it's the turn of our Colour challenge.  And this week we would like to see...


Ombre
(Any colour in an ombre effect)



And we have a great new sponsor for the month of January, Happy Little Stampers, and the gorgeous Kylie is our Guest Designer joining us this week.  I'm sure she would love a visit from you so please do if you have the time.


And now that I'm not frantically trying to finish Christmas cards I managed three cards to share with you this week!

So let's get to it, with my favourite one first...



I started by masking the edges with large Post-it notes to leave the central rectangle.  I heat embossed the 'balloon strings' stamp with clear embossing powder and used the emboss resist technique to blend the coral colour in an ombre effect before removing the masks. On a scrap of cardstock I blended more ink before die cutting the hugs with the ombre in reverse, and die cut two more for thickness before adhering to the card.

Materials used:

  • Stamp: MFT - Balloon Strings background stamp
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Abandoned Coral
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss
  • Die: Lawn Fawn - Scripty Hugs

Challenge entries:

Penny Black and More - January Challenge - Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe - Challenge #164 - Monochromatic
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Start Afresh (first use of my MFT Balloon Strings stamp!)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - New Something (first use of my MFT Balloon Strings stamp!)



For my next card I used the same stamp in different sizes and ink colours to create the gradient...



Simply stamped directly on the card base.  I started with the largest stamp in the orange, then filled in with the medium size stamp in the pale orange bringing it further down the card, and finished with the smaller stamp in yellow.  The sentiment was also stamped directly onto the card base.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Sunburst
  • Ink: Versa Color - Orange, Marigold, Canary; Versafine - Onyx Black



And a more masculine style for my third card...



I used the MISTI to position the 'happy' which was stamped in three shades of blue.  The sentiment was heat embossed in white onto a strip of black cardstock popped up on 3D foam.  I then accented with three sequins, also in an ombre effect.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Wplus9 - Whole Lotta Happy
  • Ink: Versa Color - Baby Blue, Atlantic, Neptune; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Accents: sequins from stash

Challenge entries:

The Male Room - Challenge #51 - Anything Goes
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes





I can just imagine how gorgeous our gallery will look this week with lots of lovely ombre designs so why not join in with your CAS creations.  

And if I don't see you before, I'll be back on Monday with the next Muse challenge.

Take care x


16 comments:

  1. Terrific trio of cards Anita and I especially love the last one as it's dear to my heart - CAS and suitable for a fella. Thanks for playing along at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card and resist stamping for our challenge this month, many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blending on the masked panel on your first card is perfect, Anita and I love how you have reverse blended the sentiment too! I really love the cascade of flowers on your second card - a really effective way to create an ombre look and the masculine card is just fab and looks dimensional the way that you have stamped the sentiment. It looks like you are back in full flow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all of these cards are so beautiful. I'm inspired to create more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Anita! I love each one of them..beautiful ombre effects on all of them! Making the sentiment ombre is such a smart and neat idea! Love it! Thank you so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ombre effects and beautifully CAS too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 fantastic uses of ombre teamie and I never even recognised that second one as a CBS set ... how bad is that! Love them all equally ... you're so clever with your stash and your masculine one is just perfect for loads of occasions. Might have to nick (CASE) that idea! LOL. Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three sensational cards although I have to say the first is my favourite such a stunning card I adore the boldness of the colour and the 3d sentiment really pops.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Anita, how cute is the second one? I absolutely loe that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three are fantastic! Love the first one - gorgeous and that masculine one is perfect for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Loads of wonderful inspiration from you this week Anita. Absolutely loved your first card with the reverse ombre on the die cut text. You have been really clever on the second card with those different ink colours and stamps (well done you!). I think the third card is fantastic; so clean and crisp. You were on a roll this week. Crikey...what will we get from you next week? xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made such a beautiful CAS cards :-))
    Thanks for playing at Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm blown away by all three... my fave though I think is the flower power card... its kind of the look I had in mind when creating mine only mines got the 'gone through the hedge backwards a few times' look about it instead of your pristine approach (how do you do that!! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow so many beauties here Anita! loving all your Ombre cards ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are all just super. Love the simple birthday wishes card. Sorry to be so late commenting, and thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes Challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...