Saturday 21 January 2017

Less is More Week #312

Hi there

It's Saturday morning so I'm back to tell you about this week's new challenge at Less is More.  It's the turn of our Theme challenge and this week we would like to see...


New Beginnings


I've had a case of missing mojo this week but I did finally manage to make two cards to share with you.  For my first New Beginning theme I chose a wedding card...



This was a fairly easy make.  I started by die cutting the pierced square and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in platinum powder.  The panel was then adhered to the base on 3D foam.  I then die cut the two laurel cuts from pearlescent cardstock and adhered these to the panel and added a couple of glitter enamel dots.

Materials used:
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax; Poppy Stamps - Peppini Laurel
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Love Blossoms
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Platinum
  • Accents: My Mind's Eye - Antique Enamel Dots


Challenge entries:

Time Out - Challenge #75 - CASE Ksenija
Uniko Challenge #39 - Anything Goes with Optional Twist of Love
Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #180 - New Beginnings
CASology - Challenge #232 - Cut
Happy Little Stampers - January Anything Goes with Dies
STAMPlorations - January CAS Challenge - Option of Silver/Grey





For my second card I chose a new home card...



Another simple make, this time a one layer card.  The sentiment and the image were both stamped in black and I coloured the image with Derwent Coloursoft pencils.  A glossy heart embellishment was added as smoke coming from the chimney.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Altenew - Succulents (sentiment); Woodware - Home Sweet Home
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Coloured with Derwent Coloursoft Pencils

Challenge entries:

Simply Create Too - Challenge #123 - New Beginnings
My Time to Craft - Challenge #337 - Something New


Thanks very much for popping by today and I hope you have the time this week to join us and take part in this challenge.



28 comments:

  1. Two beautiful CAS creations, loving the pearl shimmer of the die cuts on your first and the layout of the sentiment and wonderfully coloured image on your second is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there you have it! Class in a glass next to fun and funky. Anita, you rock these challenge when you say your mojo has run away. I can't get over the sheer beauty of that elegant wedding card and as it is the second outing at LIM for that platinum embossing powder I must say you are convincing me that I NEED some. A stunning card. Then we have the gorgeous new home card. Great contemporary feel and your finishing touch of the heart smoke is just perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The wedding card is so elegant with the silver palette and the delicate garlands. Looking gorgeous! I love the new home card which is incredibly sweet with the curved image and little glossy heart above the chimney <3 What a fab detail. Lovely cards Anita! Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. So CAS and stylish! Thank you so much for joining us at HLS Anything Goes With A Die Challenge.

    Emma - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOPE! Sorry don't go playing that missing mojo card on me as these are simply LUSH! Love the simplicity but sheer elegance of that first one and thanks for playing along at Uniko with it. Then you fun New home card is the sweetest ever. Love how the image is on an angle and coloured so perfectly - need to practice with my pencils I think! Have a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love the elegance of your wedding card with the silver and pearlescent elements, Anita! The sentiment and quirky image on your second card made me smile too - perfect for a new home. I think your mojo is doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am absolutely in love with the first card, Anita!!! I need to go and check out these "Poppy Stamps" (like RIGHT NOW). TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missing mojo? Sure not evident here. I love that gorgeous wedding card. So elegant. You new home card is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wedding card is so elegant, I just adore it. And, of course, your new home card is the sweetest one layer card! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the elegance on your first card. So CAS and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the first card with the silver on white, it is very elegant. Your one layer is fun. Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both wonderful cards! Perfect for new beginnings, for sure. I adore the wedding card, the pearlescent die cuts are so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous tone on tone card Anita! Simply perfect for a wedding card. So glad you joined us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card, love the simple yet effective design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the laurel cuts on your first card, fabulous muted colour scheme fullstop! Thanks for linking up at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cas card Anita. Your embossing is stunning. Thanks for joining us for our January CAS Challenge over at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your wedding card is absolutely gorgeous! Simple and perfect! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very gorgeous cards Anita, as usual ! I love the elegancy of your first card with the white on white and the silver and pearlescent colours ! And the second one is just so cute and what a lovely and so true sentiment ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring !
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are super. I do like the sentiment on the new home card. The simple and elegant design for the wedding card is just gorgeous. Love the soft sheen on the pearlescent card. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko this month! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two super cards here Anita, that silver embossing... wow, so happy I just bought some and that sweet new home card is great too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very elegant and pretty creations! Please visit my new challenge Blog Do-Al(l) Kreativies and show your fab cards on it! I would be very glad about it!

    Hugs
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a great CAS card! Thanks for playing along the "New Beginnings" challenge at the Simply Create Too Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a stylish card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh so very elegant--I love it! Glad you made it over to Stamplorations Cas, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love both cards - the wedding card is so classy and elegant and the new house card is so fun and whimsical - I especially love the enamel heart that you added! I can't believe that you lost your mojo - these cards are just too fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards! Love the simplicity of the wedding card! Thanks for playing our Time Out challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your wedding card is very lovely and elegant. Thanks for playing along with HLS Jan Anything Goes With Dies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...