I'm here today to tell you about the new challenge at Less is More, and this week we've got a Sketch challenge for you. I struggle with sketch challenges more than any other but this one is fab and after seeing my teamies' samples this week, it's proving to be a really versatile design. Here it is...
I made two very different cards this week, the first is super bright and fun...
On a panel of white cardstock I positioned a stencil and masked off the diagonal edge before blending through some red, orange and yellow Distress Inks. I was originally going to stencil directly onto the card base but the stencil was slightly too small. Next I die cut some balloons, these also blended with Distress Inks. On a strip of black cardstock I stamped the sentiment (made up from a multiple word stamp set) in VersaMark and heat embossed in white before adhering to the panel with the balloons. The panel was then adhered on 3D foam and some accents were added to the balloons with a white pen.
- Stencil: The Crafters Workshop - Mini Webbing
- Ink: Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Festive Berries, Seedless Preserves, Broken China, Mowed Lawn; VersaMark
- Stamps: Winnie & Walter - Big, Bold & Party
- Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
- Dies: Wplus9 - Whole Lotta Happy
- Accent: Uni-ball Signo pen - White
Just Add Ink - Challenge #313 - 'B' (bright/balloons)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
AAA Cards - Game #65 - The 2nd Big Birthday Bash
And a more subtle design for my second card...
I blended some embossing paste with two neutral shades of Distress Ink before spreading through a brick effect stencil. I then die cut the leaves from a scrap of cardstock blended with two shades of green Distress Ink. This was simply adhered over the paste when dry, the die-cut 'Happy Wishes' then adhered and some smooth silver gems finished off the card.
- Stencil: Tim Holtz - Bricked
- Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver
- Ink: Distress Ink: Pumice Stone, Tea Dye, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough
- Dies: Clearly Besotted - Leafy Accents; Wplus9 - Happy Wishes
- Accents: Gems from stash
Seize the Birthday - Adding Dimension
If you have the time please pop over to my teamies' blogs for more inspiration, they won't disappoint. Thanks so much for visiting today and I hope to see your creations in the LIM gallery!