Saturday 16 April 2016

On Your Wedding Day

Me again!

Another card to share with you today which was made for my brother and Sarah for their wedding day earlier this month.

I chose to use the same layout as I did recently for my card at Muse, here.  I loved how it turned out and it got a great response from you guys so I used it again and I'm sure I'll return to this design many times.



So, on a panel of white cardstock I masked a horizontal strip towards the top before blending upwards and downwards with Distress Inks.  With the mask still in place I stamped various small flowers, leaves and flourishes above and below it.  I then removed the mask and stamped the sentiment in the clear area.  The panel was then adhered on 3D foam to the card base.

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Shaded Lilac and Spun Sugar; Versa Color - Heliotrope, Lavender, Lilac, Amethyst, Celadon and Laurel Leaf; Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Love Blossoms; Uniko - Natures Treasures II

Challenge entries:

The Crafter's Cafe - Challenge #147 - What Season are you In (Spring - Blossom)
Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #18 - Spring Flowers
Creative Inspirations - Challenge #249 - Favourite Things (Two favourite stamp brands and my current favourite layout)
Dream Valley - Challenge #129 - Anything Goes
The Card Concept - Challenge #53 - Bright and Fresh (Clean and Simple style - inspired by floral pattern with white border)
AAA Cards - Challenge #62 - Anything Goes



Phew, that's all for today.  Thanks so much for visiting as always.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow as I'm off to the Sincerely Yours Papercraft Show in Taunton.  It's worth the hour and a half drive each way to get my hands on some goodies.  There are no decent stores near me in the South West so I have to order most of my stash online, so it will be nice to actually have a good rummage around and properly see things before I buy.  Let's hope I manage to stick to my budget! Hmmmm






15 comments:

  1. Sarah will love this I believe
    love love the soft color on your flower card
    the sentiment has a great font and love your masking technique
    I miss to visit you
    but I was so busy making cards for DT and GDT and I was 43 at 10 of april
    yaay old mommy
    how old are you Anita
    see you around maybe
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours and the design is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards! I hope you enjoyed your time on your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a great layout! Can imagine that you used it again for this occaison! Love the colours and the beautiful stamping! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Lovely card 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Seasons" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabby card...
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely masking technique card with beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card layout. Yay for simple! It's a great layout to use for loads of different cards. Have fun at the papercraft event. I try to get to one at least once a year, just to be around lots of other crazy crafters! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning. The colours the layout the stamps all beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at AAA cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty!! Love the masked area for the sentiment as well as your beautiful flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anita, this is so pretty! They will love it!
    Glad to see you at The Card Concept!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty wedding card, Anita! I love these bright and cheery colors! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...