At Less is More this week it's the turn of a Theme challenge. I thought this one would be simple but I did have to think and plan a little before I started on my DT cards this week. We would like you to...
Use 3 Stamps
Don't forget to keep your creations clean and simple and
link to no more than 5 challenges, including ours.
I have three cards to share this week, here's the first...
For this one I decided to stamp everything in black, keeping the colour to the background. On a panel of white cardstock I inked three Distress Inks through a dotted stencil. I then simply stamped the leaf, butterfly and sentiment all in black before adhering the panel to my card base using 3D foam.
- Stencil: Tim Holtz - Dot Fade
- Ink: Distress Ink: Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Chipped Sapphire; Memento - Tuxedo Black
- Stamps: Marion Emberson - Just Because; Clearly Besotted - Brushed Greetings II
Dream Valley - Challenge #129 - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Challenge #171 - Anything Goes
For card two I tried a little masking with clear embossing powder...
Using my Mini MISTI (yes, I'm absolutely loving it!) I started by stamping the butterflies in two sunny shades before stamping the co-ordinating top layer in black. I then went back, positioned the original stamp in the same position before inking with VersaMark and heat embossing with clear powder. This would then act as a barrier for the next step. I tore the edge of two large post-it notes and masked to leave a diagonal strip which I then ink blended with two shades of blue Distress Ink. Once the masks were removed I flicked and blotted with some water and then added some ink splatters using the same inks. The sentiment was added to finish.
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - A Better You; Altenew - Painted Greetings
- Ink: Memento - Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean; Versafine - Onyx Black; VersaMark
- Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Clear
AAA Cards - Game #62 - Anything Goes
One Layer Simplicity - Challenge #26 - As You Wish
STAMPlorations - April Challenge - Theme & Sketch
I did a little more emboss resisting on my final card...
On a panel of white cardstock I stamped the leaves in VersaMark and heat embossed in white. I then blended over with green Distress Ink. I then filled in the gaps by stamping the triple dots in black. I adhered the panel to my card base and adhered black strips above and below the panel. A teeny sentiment was then stamped before a few smooth gemstones were adhered to finish.
- Stamps: Uniko - Natures Treasures II, Balloon Bash (dots); Altenew - Hennah Elements
- Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink- Bundled Sage; Versafine - Onyx Black
- Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
- Accents: Smooth gems from stash
Thanks so much for stopping by. My teamies have created some lovely examples for you this week and we'd love for you to join in with the challenge this week.