Saturday 28 November 2015

Less is More Week 252

Good morning crafters

We've whizzed around to another Saturday which signifies a new challenge over at Less is More.  This week it's the turn of our Recipe challenge and this week our recipe is...


Fruit
Please remember to keep your creations clean and simple


I must admit, this one did stump me as I knew I had very little fruit related stash but I managed to get my brain in gear and create two cards for you this week.


A fabulous digi by Pink Petticoat helped me with my first card...



I love the images from Pink Petticoat and sadly the online store is due to close in the near future.  Some wonderful digis are still available to purchase at the moment if you want to grab some bargains.  

I printed this digi, coloured it with my ProMarkers and then die cut with a fishtail flag die.  The musical notes were stamped onto the image panel.  I used two more of the fishtail flag dies to cut two pieces of co-ordinating patterned paper.  I adhered some kraft cardstock to my card base, layered the papers and finally popped the image panel up on 3D foam strips. 

Materials used:
  • Digi: Pink Petticoat - Partridge in a Pear Tree
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Rockin' Robin
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Fishtail Flag Stax
  • Patterned Paper: MFT - Dots & Stripes Neutral; Doodlebug - Santa Express

Challenge entries:

Passion For ProMarkers - Challenge #324 - Christmas is Coming
A Gem of a Challenge - Challenge #158 - Inspired by a Christmas Song or Carol
CAS on Sunday - Challenge #72 - Christmas
Uniko - Challenge #27 - Christmas with optional twist of CAS
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Challenge #93 - Simply Cute and Christmassy
AAA Cards - Challenge #53 - Anything Goes















And for my second card, some fruity Christmas bling!




All the images on this card came from the same stamp set.  I stamped the glasses in silver, using my stamp-a-ma-jig to position them. I then used a stitched rectangle die to create the panel.  I stamped the strawberry, lime and holly and fussy cut these out before adhering in position.  I masked the central glass to stamp the straw.  I added some glue to the contents of each glass and added some fine glitter to add some festive sparkle.  This irridescent glitter is a lot more sparkly IRL!  For a tiny bit more bling I coloured a smooth clear gem with a red ProMarker and added this as the holly berry.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Happy Hour
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Rectangles
  • Ink: Versa Color and Versafine
  • Accents: Stampin' Glitter - Dazzling Diamonds; Gem from stash

Challenge entries:


The Crafter's Cafe - Challenge #137 - CAS with Food or Drink Theme
Addicted to CAS - Challenge #77 - Dimension













Thanks for popping by and I hope you can find some fruity inspiration and join us this week.

That's all from me for now, I'm off to have a long overdue hair cut and get some Christmas planning sorted.  I need to do a few bits each weekend otherwise it will be here and I won't have done anything!

Take care and bye for now


30 comments:

  1. Your cards are as brilliant as ever Anita! That cute birdie on the first one is so adorable and I'm loving that sparkle to your Christmas fizz on the second one. Fabulous! Great to see you've player along at AAA cards, ATCAS and uniko with them too. Thanks so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your clever take on the fruity theme, Anita! The first card is so cute - I am sorry to hear that Pink Petticoat is closing too as I love the designs. The glittery Christmas cocktails are just inspired - that is my kind of Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both cards Anita. But I absolutely like the image of the first one.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the combination of kraft and green. Fab CAS card. Thanks for playng at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Anita! Gotta love PP, shame it's closing down ;( Love that glitter and shine in your second card . . . I really must get a wriggle on with my Christmas cards, I don't have nearly enough, I don't know where all the time has gone this year! Have a great weekend! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both cards - especially like the colour palette of the pear tree and the sparkle in the drinky one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fab CAS cards, Anita! Love the sweet little bird and pop of lime green on the first one - definitely a case of less is more! Thanks for joining in with my theme this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful CAS cards - I love how you've used 12 Days of Christmas in the first card - genius use of Fruit!! Love the sparkle on the glasses. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. After struggling with 'fruit' stash you've come up trumps. The first card is sooo cute and adorable with gorgeous colours. The second card is elegant and such a fun and great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two really fabulous cards, Anita! I love your charming scene on the first one, and your sparkly drinks on the 2nd card are gorgeous! Great way to add dimension to your card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are gorgeous....the partridge in the pear tree image is gorgeous and I love the splash of colour

    Thank you for joining in with the cuties xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous CAS designs!
    Thanks for joining in at Passion for Promarkers!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards. Both of them. The fruit card is just too cute, and those glittery beverages -yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anita these are both super, love those blingy drinks. So clever to add the music to the digi, really makes it look good. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Anita. I love the fun image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic wonderful designed cards, both of them. Stunning! Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply beautiful CAS creations! I love the colour combination that you chose for your partridge card and your glittery drinks are sheer perfection! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are adorable. I love your style! Cute cute cute!! Thanks for sharing these with us at The Cutie Pie challenge for our Cute CAS challenge. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cool and cute card. The pop of green is beautful and i just love the layout!! Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards - Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two fabulous cards ..... love the first one, so cute and the second one well ..... what can I say except Cheers! hun!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well both your cards so CAS. Love the little partridge in the pear tree. Thanks so much for playing along with our Christmas challenge at Uniko this month! And I love the cocktails too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, LOVE these!! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two gorgeous cards Anita ☺ Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful - love the penant shapes on your card.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous cards Anita, these are just wonderful!
    I'm sorry it's taken me all week to get around to visiting you to tell you so!
    You are a star!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anita, your take on our Dimension challenge is so festive! Love these sparkling drinks and fruit toppers. Thank you for celebrating our 3rd Birthday and sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS. -Ksenija, DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both of these cards are just so sweet. I love that adorable pear card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A great card - thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two beautiful cards, I love the fresh layout of your first card with such a cute image and the second is so crisp and sparkly! Beautifully done & thank you for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. My apologies for commenting so late too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...