Saturday 14 November 2015

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Hi guys

Welcome to my regular Saturday morning post to introduce the new challenge over at Less is More.  This week it's the turn of our One Layer Challenge.  And we would like you to make cards that depict...


Santa
Our guidelines can be found here.  Please remember to keep your creations clean and simple.


I have three cards to share with you this week, all very different.  I hope these will whet your appetite and inspire you to join us this week.

I was really pleased with the result on my first card, exactly how I had planned it (makes a change!)



This card took a bit of planning but was pretty simple to create.  I sketched a Santa hat onto a post-it note and cut it out from the inside to create a mask, firstly minus the white parts.  I used a grey card base as I wanted the white to eventually show up.  I blended red ink through the mask to add some light and shade.  I then cut two more masks for the fluffy white parts of the hat and swiped a VersaMark ink pad over the negative space onto my card base.  I then heat embossed these areas with white embossing powder.  I finished with a sentiment below in black.

Materials used:

  • Cardstock from stash
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Barn Door; VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Stamp: MFT - Christmas Cuteness


Challenge entries:

Creative Inspirations - Challenge #335 - Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - Challenge #310 - Christmas Theme



And my second...



I think the Santa image I used here has a very vintage feel so I started with a kraft card base, masked a central circle and blended in some Distress Ink.  With the mask still in place I then stamped the Santa image, and the sentiment was stamped below in the same ink. It looked like something was missing so I decided to turn the sphere into a bauble and heat embossed the hanger and bow with gold embossing powder.

Materials used:

  • Cardstock: Neenah - Desert Storm
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Double Stitched Circles
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain; VersaMark
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Santa's List; Clearly Besotted - Ornamental Style
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich


Challenge entries:

The Crafter's Cafe - Challenge #136 - Inspired by a Song (Santa Claus is Coming to Town)
Brown Sugar Challenge - Challenge #172 - No Patterned Paper
CAS-ual Fridays - Challenge #145 - Precious Metals











I decided to create an iconic Christmas scene for my third card...


I masked the hill and the moon with post-it notes and blended the night sky with purple inks, and with the mask still in place I stamped the fence and trees.  I stamped the deer and added a little shading at his feet, then stamped the sleigh image and sentiment. As a finishing touch I applied some glue to the brow of the hill and sprinkled with some fine glitter.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Card-io - Christmas Scenery 1, Christmas Scenery 2; Penny Black - Wonder Collection (sentiment)
  • Ink: Versa Color - Hyacinth, Heliotrope, Sky Gray; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Accents: Stampin' Up Glitter - Dazzling Diamonds

Challenge entries:

Fantasy Stampers - Challenge #49 - Winter Wonderland
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #399 - Birds/Animals
Penny Black and More - November Challenge - Anything Christmas
The Friday Mashup - Challenge #234 - Baby It's Cold Outside













One Layer Christmas Card Challenge - Challenge #21 - Anything Goes (twist of Reindeer)













My teamies have made some lovely creations this week so please pop over the the Less is More challenge blog and pay them a visit if you have the time.  One layer cards don't have to be difficult, I think they just take a little more planning beforehand.  We would love for you to join us this week, I'm sure you still have Christmas cards to add to your stash, I know I certainly do!

Thanks for visiting today, I hope to see you again soon.


28 comments:

  1. Your inking, stamping and placement is simply awesome Anita, thanks SO much for all the wonderful inspiration you provide each week at LIM!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita, Just gorgeous... such a beautiful scene. I can almost feel the snow. So happy that you shared this with us at The Friday Mashup! Hugs Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, these are all so amazing, I don't know where to start!! Such a creative idea to make that santa hat, its really effective on the grey CS. The antique feel for the second card is gorgeous and love the gold bow. And your last card is simply divine with that beautiful scene (which I think you are the Queen of creating scenes....). The soft purple is perfection. So very happy you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them are inspired! I love the Santa hat - it's so simple - but the bauble on Kraft and in sepia tones is beautiful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love the santa hat - it has real dimension and is such a clever idea :) You have created three completely different Santa inspired designs and they have made me feel really festive this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards .... and all so different. I love the simplicity of the first one, the hat looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy crafting and all so gorgeous. Love Santa's hat, CAS perfection with a perfect sentiment. The second vintage style card is beautiful and the bit of 'metal' sets it off. Clever Cardio card, aren't these stamps so versatile to make gorgeous scenes as you have done? Thanks for today's inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply rocking and awesome Anita! Love them all! Sheer brilliant talent and can't pick a favourite as they're all too good! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my....3 absolutely fun and festive cards. I am in love with your sweet Santa hat, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Anita - three fabulous CAS cards, and I love them all. ! (AWESOME)!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, they are so inspiring!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  12. That santahat-card is so stunning! Love the clean look and thanks for writing down how you did this! That ionic-card is beautiful; I think I only use stickles for snow... and here it looks perfect! Have a colourfull week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on all the cards. Santa flying through the air looks great on the 3rd card.

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So simple yet effective! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning one layer cards, Anita! You've done an amazing job showcasing the beauty of a CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that's a ton of OLC inspiration :) love them all !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What gorgeous cards, Anita! I love the sparkling snow and soft lilac sky! Thanks for joining us at the OLCCC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just total one layer perfection here Neets, a gorgeous bunch. Snowy scene is lovely, the Santa bauble so clever. But the Santa hat is a real showstopper - amazing CAS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Anita: I love your amazing parade of beautiful cards, each one unique and lovely.
    Love the texture of that sweet Santa's hat on your first card.
    Love the vintage look of Santa on your second card, with the beautifully gold embossed bow.
    Love the whimsical feel of your third card, with Santa and his Reindeer flying off into the night. I'm wondering what the Reindeer on the ground is thinking.....
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenge, and good luck.

    Hugs,
    Merlina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! I love the soft winterly sky with Santa flying over! Thank you for joining us at Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! beautiful card and I love the touch of the color on the sleigh. Thank you for joining us over at Friday Mashup.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  23. The HAT is sooo adorable touch to your card Anita
    the santa in bauble ooh clever idea love the bow in gold
    and the last card ach I can feel cold there adorable scene Anita the sparkle there is perfecto
    Anita next time I will be more better at commenting your lovely post ok :)
    happy weekend sweet friend
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are all CAS perfection Anita - the Santa card is just gorgeous. So clever to get a vintagey feel with a CAS design! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful collection of cards. I love the little scene you created for OLCCC. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous set of cards, love the last one!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and More Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, these are all super cute!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...