Tuesday 4 February 2014

Fabulous Friend

Hi there

Just popping by tonight to share a card I made for my bestie's birthday, Happy Birthday H :) xxx

I tried a couple of techniques which are new to me and that I've never tried before and it took a few attempts to get this right, a few bits and bobs did end up in the bin! :D





The first technique was using an inlaid die which, on a single piece of card would be quite simple.  But I tried to be fancy so it took me a while to get this right!  The second technique is one I've seen a lot of recently in blogland, and that is the layering up of the same die cut image and adhering the layers together.  You can see this in the third pic where I've layered up the various purple and lilac die cuts.  I've used lots of Clearly Besotted products on this card and I adore that 'fabulous' font, isn't it, well...fabulous!

Materials used:

  • Cardstock: Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock; white cardstock from stash
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Leafy Accents and Happy Everything; Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Ovals Large; MFT Die-namics - Fishtail Flag Stax
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - A Little Sentimental and Say It In Style
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Gems: Kanban - Pastel Bling

Challenge entries:
Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge 74 - No Designer Paper
Simply Create Too - Challenge #54 - For a Female
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 306 - Something New (2 new techniques)


I hope you are all well and to those of you in the UK, stay safe in this dreadful weather, I think our South West is going to take a battering tonight :(

Take care



4 comments:

  1. This is just so clever and so gorgeous!!! I love your technique and can't wait to give it a try. Your butterfly is so sweet layered in all those shades of purple...just stunning! Thank you so much for playing along with Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita: Glad you’re joining us at Simply Create Too for our Mother’s Day/Female Challenge. Your birthday card is so pretty especially your little b'fly.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty. She'll love it. I'm lovin' the stacked die cuts too, but my fave touch is your curved sentiment nestled above the oval. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love how you used all the techniques on this card. Great colors, I really liked the layered butterflies.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Create Too. Join us again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...