Thursday 17 June 2021

Ombre Birthday Balloons

Hi there

Another recent make from me today and this time it's a birthday card I made for a male colleague.

When I first started selecting the patterned papers for this I thought the colours would be a little too feminine but combined with the dark grey I think it makes it very gender neutral.


I began by die cutting the grey panel with a stitched rectangle die.  I adhered the panel to the card base, making sure there was plenty of adhesive within the negative space of the letters.  I then die cut the sentiment again from some ombre patterned paper and paper pieced the letters back in, including the grey centres.  To finish I die cut two balloons from some polka dot ombre papers, layered and adhered these off the edge of the card and trimmed away the edges.

Materials used:
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Happy Birthday To You, Blueprints 26; Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Stitched Rectangles
  • Patterned Papers: Craft Sensations - Ombre Designs

Challenge entries:

Happy Little Stampers - June Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
Uniko - Challenge #65 - Anything Goes (Optional twist: use die cuts)




It's not often I make a card which involves no stamping whatsoever, and it's a simple design I could replicate using more of my patterned papers which I don't reach for nearly enough.

Thanks for taking the time to visit.



1 comment:

  1. Just perfect Anita, I love it and ok for either sex too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...