Saturday 12 June 2021

Favourite Gay

Hi there

Just popping by to share a card I made which was a request from a friend.

I can't take credit for this design as I was given a picture of the kind of card she wanted, which was an image of one she found online by You Said It Cards (pic at bottom of post).

So this is just my version of it using what I had in my stash...


I'm not able to use my printer to print on thicker card used for card bases so luckily I had all the wording required within three different stamp sets, and I think the mixed fonts work well here.  The 'happy' and 'birthday' were from one set, the 'to my' from another set and the 'favourite' from a third set.  For the coloured lettering I adhered thin strips of cardstock to create a rainbow, trimmed to specific widths to fit within the letter dies, onto some paper and die cut the letters.  I then die cut the letters once more from white cardstock and adhered them together to give a little more structure and dimension.  So, all in all, an easy card, the part that took the longest was making sure the stamps were all central.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - All Occasion Sentiments #2, You Are...Sentiments Outlined; Clearly Besotted - Modern Calligraphy Additions
  • Dies: Lil' Inker Designs - Mixed and Stitched Alphabet
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Cardstock from stash

And here is the picture of the design I was asked to recreate....


...a pretty good result!

Thanks for taking a look.  I've more to share in the next few days so please do check back :)



2 comments:

  1. This is really fab Anita and so much better than the original. Printers are alright for some things but stamping and die cutting have a much better ( and more professional) finish in my opinion. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Neets, especially how you made the rainbow paper to diecut! You did a fabulous job of recreating the cool design! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...