Wednesday 16 June 2021

Baby Shower Safari

Hi there

Today I'm sharing the first of two baby shower cards I was commissioned to make for a friend recently.

I was told that one of the recipients was decorating the nursery with a safari theme so that was my inspiration for this one...


I started by stamping and the colouring the animals with Copics, no fancy shading, and then die cut them with their co-ordinating dies.  The request was to have 'mummy to be' rather than a baby shower sentiment so I printed the sentiment on white paper, adhered it to cardstock and then die cut with a stitched sentiment die.  Next I die cut a panel using a scalloped rectangle die and added some Distress Ink shading to the background with a few water splatters, just to add a little interest to the background.  I adhered the animals and sentiment strip, popping the giraffe up on 3D foam squares, then finished with a congrats sentiment above.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Petite Plushies, Modern Calligraphy
  • Coloured with Copic markers
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink - Speckled Egg; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted - Petite Plushies co-ordinating dies; Create a Smile - Scalloped Rectangles; MFT Die-namics - Stitched Sentiment Strips

Challenge entries:

STAMPlorations - June CAS Challenge - Anything CAS Goes















Thanks for looking.  I'll be back later to share the second baby shower card I made at the same time.  Enjoy your day :)


2 comments:

  1. SO.FUN.!! Those baby animals are too adorable - I bet she loved this card! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations CAS Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...