Saturday 25 April 2020

Less is More Challenge #418

Good morning

I do believe it's Saturday!  Although I'm working from home at the moment I keep completely losing track of my days, I'm sure you're all the same.

If it is indeed Saturday then it's time for the new challenge at Less is More.  We have a Recipe challenge for you this time, and here is the cue card...


We also have some wonderful news....we have not one, not two, but THREE NEW DESIGN TEAMIES!  So please pop on over to the main Less is More page, here, to see who they are.  Welcome to the team, folks!


Ok, on to my sample card, and this is a bit different for me...


This was my second attempt at making this, there was a bit of trial and error involved!  I wanted to use one of my new Clearly Besotted stencils to create the drips of an ice cream topping.  I'm clearly thinking about food far too much while in lockdown, eh!  To create the chocolate waffle cone I used brown cardstock and an embossing folder then trimmed it into a cone shape.  The ice cream was a little trickier...I ended up using pearlescent pale pink cardstock which I partially cut with a cloud die and then partially cut the rest with a round balloon die.  It's far from perfect but I think it worked out ok.  I then used part of a splat in the stencil which I blended through first with pink ink before topping with embossing paste and then sprinkling with glitter.  Once dry, all that was left to do was mount it on a panel, trim off the bottom of the cone, stamp the sentiment and pop the panel up on 3D foam.



Materials used:

  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; MFT Die-namics - Cloud Trio and Blueprints 26 (partial dies used)
  • Embossing Folder: Darice - Wire Fence
  • Stencil: Clearly Besotted - Splat It
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Sweet Plushies
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Festive Berries; Versa Color - Camelia
  • Embossing Paste: Sweet Poppy - Stencil Dimensions Translucent
  • Accents: Super Fine Satin Glitter in Crystalina Rainbow
  • Cardstock from stash

Challenge entries

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #386 - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - April Anything Goes with Dies Challenge






Hopefully this theme will give you lots of options for themes and techniques you can use.  Looking forward to seeing your creations in our gallery.  And if you need some more inspiration, there's plenty over at the LIM challenge blog, just follow my teamies' links for more info on each of their cards.

5 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant take on the theme Anita and you have me drooling now as that cone looks good enough to eat! The topping is so scrummy (yes, i'm thinking about food too much as well). Such a creative way to use the cloud die, and the embossing folder too. Love it! Have a great week and I hope you get time (and weather) to enjoy your garden at some point xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this ice cream card. Such a clever idea for using a splat.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a brilliant way to create that ice cream scoop, and I so love that this is what you thought of for drips! I too am thinking about food way too much. Thank goodness I have 2 young men around to eat everything I bake/cook/grill/etc. Their metabolism is enviable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So refreshing ! Love your yummy card, Anita. And what a clever take on the theme. This is the bad part of the containment, we (at home) never stop cooking and so eating ! Ice cream is part of the little pleasures we found. Keep safe at home ! And thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Anita. You are so creative, I would never have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...