Saturday 11 April 2020

Less is More Challenge #417

Good morning

It's new challenge day at Less is More and we're back with a theme challenge.  Here's our cue card...




We have a super talented Guest Designer joining us for this challenge, Helen of Helen's Craft Haven, who was our lucky February winner.  I do hope you'll can take a minute to pop on over to her blog to see her take on this challenge theme and say hi.


I have two sample cards for you this time, both with a wild flowers/foliage kinda theme for some reason, and also a bonus card as my second card turned into a twofer!

Here's card one, using a technique that I love, the ghosting technique, as this creates a delicate version of the image and generally out of focus...


On a piece of white cardstock I made a sunset blend of inks using Distress Oxides.  I then used the ghosting technique which involves laying a stencil over the top, spritzing with water and then blotting away the colour.  Once dry I die cut a section of it and popped it up onto another panel using a larger die from the same set.  After adhering to the card base I finished with a small black sentiment.

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stencil: STAMPlorations - ARTlorations Bloom Silhouettes
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangle Stax
  • Stamp: Altenew - Thinking of You

Challenge entries:

STAMPlorations - April Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes


Next up I used a stencil again, but this time grabbed my Brushos...


I've only tried this technique once or twice but it has lovely results.  I laid a stencil onto some watercolour paper and very gently sprinkled a mix of Brusho powders, very sparingly, into the gaps in the stencil.  Without moving the stencil I then spritzed a mist of water over it, which activates the pigment powders.  I then carefully removed the stencil and left the image to dry completely.  I trimmed a section of it down and mounted it onto some teal cardstock. Before adhering to the card base I stamped a sentiment flag vertically to look like a tag when the panel was adhered along its edge.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Imagination Crafts - Bay Leaf
  • Ink: Brushos - Emerald Green, Turquoise, Leaf Green; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Flag It
  • Cardstock from stash

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #384 - CAS


And my 'twofer' is made from the remaining part of the Brusho panel.  This one doesn't follow the Less is More guidelines as there isn't really enough white space but I thought I'd share it with you anyway in this post.  Materials used here are as the card above, with the addition of a stitched die by Create a Smile.


Challenge entries:

Fab 'n' Funky - Challenge #476 - Birthday



Thanks so much for visiting, I hope you'll join us for this 'out of focus' challenge.

And in the meantime, please do stay safe :) xx

8 comments:

  1. Both wonderful cards, Anita. I am especially in love with the second one, and since I's got time on my hands, I am going to try this today. I hope you and yours are well and safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super cards here Anita!you nailed the brief so well too, well done again.Just made my latest LIM card also...hope there is enough white in mine too. Stay safe mf ;)hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning showcase of the challenge, Anita ! I didn't have the mojo for this one and I couldn't find any other idea but you, you rocked it with these two fabulous techniques. Gorgeous cards, the three of them. I especially love the second one and this gorgeous contrast of this green over the large white space. Hope you're well and safe at home. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cas card with lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three beautiful cards, Nita. So pleased you joined us at STAMPlorations Stencil by adding your 1st ghosted CAS card to our challenge. Loved your colors and framing. Stay safe and Creative. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Rocking the challenge this week Anita! The fresh and zingy look of the two-fer cards is glorious. This fuzzy edges on the florals are perfect. The ghosting technique card is so soft and pretty too. In awe of you this week teamie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg I love all of these! I especially love your brusho cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anita
    I was just browsing your lovely blog and came across your cards using Brushos and stencils. WOW! What a stunning effect.
    I am self isolating, and just getting round to card making again after loosing my mojo for a couple of years. Have just found an unopened box of Brushos that I must admit have had for years!! You have inspired me to get them out and use with the stencils that I have.
    Keep safe
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...