Friday 14 December 2018

Poinsettia Ribbon

Hi guys

Apologies for not posting for a while, over the last couple of weeks I've been frantically making, writing and posting Christmas cards because, as usual I had nowhere near enough in my stash, I was about fifty short!

So I've been making a few multiples which I'll be sharing with you over the next week.

I love how the card I'm sharing today turned out, but I only made four of this one as it wasn't the ideal design for mass production.

Here it is...



I began by die cutting the poinsettia ribbon and I masked off the ribbon parts to enable me to blend the petals with Distress Inks, where I used two shades.  Once coloured I adhered the die cut to a panel of black cardstock which had been cut slightly smaller than the card base.  I then used a clear stamp which was manipulated to follow the curve of the die cut and stamped and heat embossed in gold.  The panel was then adhered flat to the card base.  To finish I added some gold Stickles to accent the centre of the flower.



Materials used:

  • Die: Poppy Stamps - Poinsettia Ribbon
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Candied Apple, Aged Mahogany; VersaMark
  • Stamp: Hero Arts - Color Layering Christmas Tree (sentiment)
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich
  • Accent: Stickles - Gold

Challenge entries:

CAS on Friday - Challenge #148 - Make a Christmas Card #2
Happy Little Stampers - December Anything Goes with Dies
Cards in Envy - The Spirit of Christmas Challenge
Dream Valley - Challenge #192 - Christmas
Inkspirational - Challenge #175 - Anything Christmas Goes




Thanks so much for stopping by.  I should have more to share with you over the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...