Sunday 30 December 2018

Festive Stag

Hi guys

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas.

I'm back sharing the last of my Christmas cards today.  This one was made at the same time I made the festive foliage cards, here

I began by embossing the card base with a stitched rectangle die.  As the card base is textured it didn't really work but I went with it anyway :)



I die cut the stag from dark brown cardstock, the die has some embossed detail as well as just an outline so I think it worked well with the textured base.  Over the base of the stag I adhered some foliage which was leftover from making the previous batch of cards.  I then stamped, embossed in clear and die cut the bow from deep red cardstock.  Then under this I tucked in the sentiment flag which was embossed in gold on paler green cardstock.

The gloss from the embossing, and the texture can be seen more clearly in the next photo...



Materials used:

  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; Xcut - Woodland Stag Wreath; Marianne Creatables - Petra's Larix Larch; Clearly Besotted - Joy to the World
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Joy to the World, Flag It
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss, Metallic Gold Rich
  • Cardstock from stash

Challenge entries:

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Challenge #418 - Anything Goes Christmas/New Year
Happy Little Stampers - December Anything Goes with Dies Challenge



Thanks so much for visiting, I hope to be back shortly with another make.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Good luck and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...