Sunday 23 April 2017

Watch this Craft Space!

Hi there

As many of you know, I currently craft on the table in my lounge.  I live in a one bedroom flat so don't have a spare room I can use.

Firstly, this isn't ideal as my lounge always looks a mess, and two, most of my stash is in a cupboard in my hallway (erm, and also in random drawers and hiding places!) so I'm constantly backwards and forwards grabbing what I need.  I leave the things I use a lot on my table but it's really beginning to frustrate me that my living space is cluttered and that I have to eat meals from a tray on my lap!

So, I've been having a think about what I can do.  I'm lucky that I live in a converted flat which is the upstairs of the original house so my hall is the original landing which is a good size.  And before I had my new kitchen installed I had the doorway into my kitchen relocated so that I could better utilise the hall space.  So, I've made the decision to move all my crafting to the hall.

Here are some photos of what it looks like at the moment and the space I plan to use...

The kitchen door used to be behind the little drawer unit so by relocating the door opening I've created a usable corner.


This drawer unit will go and be replaced with a desk/workstation and narrow chest of drawers.
The dents in the carpet are from my clothes airer.  That will have to be done elsewhere in the future!


Better view of my craft cupboard.  My lounge where I craft is through the door next to the kitchen.


Reverse view of the hall from the kitchen so you can see how close the desk will be to my existing cupboard...Yay!!!
The closed door is my bedroom and the little visitor who came to say hello is my little furbaby, Mr Murph!


So there you have it.  I've placed an order from Ikea for the desk and drawers and also placed an order elsewhere for a floor protector for my chair.  Ikea is a 200 mile round trip from here so instead I'm having it delivered when I have a week off work next month. Cream carpet is far from ideal but, unfortunately, I don't have the funds to replace the carpet so will just have to be careful with the Brushos!

The only downside to this space is not having a window close to the desk, so although it can be quite bright on a sunny day I'll need to be using a lamp the majority of the time.  A little sacrifice though I think for getting my lounge back!

So all that's left to do is decorate this section of the hall in preparation and buy a half-decent screwdriver!

I'll keep you posted.  Happy Sunday everyone! :)



15 comments:

  1. Exciting stuff! It will be so cool to have a crafty corner right next to your cupboard. Looking forward to progress updates :) Murphy is gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be awesome! I'm watching this space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...love seeing how you are going to transform your space! Can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds exciting, Neet! Lovely to meet Murphy too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be a great space and you've done really well to utilize it perfectly. Love the cat too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it just goes to show you how crafty (in all kinds of ways lol) people can be to carve out a little niche for our hobby !!cant wait to see it up and running 😊x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo that's exciting! I love to organise, can't wait to see it develop xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an excellent plan!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it's gonna be a beautiful crafty corner! Save the IKEA boxes and cut one down a bit to use as a catch basin for the Brushos. Works a dream for me as I have light tan carpeting. I also use one of those office floor protectors under my chair. So far (fingers crossed) no Oops on the carpeting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have an incredible new work space planned...can't wait to see your finished area! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with it all. Nothing like seeing what others do for their craft areas. I am lucky I have a room that I can use but its a hodge bodge of shelves my husband put up all round the walls and mixed containers for storgae. I think the problem with us crafty people is that the more room we have the easier it is to fill it lol. Cant wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great plans! And a cute cat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is going to be great Anita...why not get a rug so that gorgeous white carpet doesn't get messed up. Is your house always so clean??

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great project Anita ! Your hall is quite big so you will have a great corner for crafting ! Before having my own space I was like you, working on the lounge table, but I was not very productive because all my stuff was stored elsewhere. So I can imagine what YOU will do with this new location, you are already so productive that you are going to break records ! Can't wait to see your new space ! Mr Murph is so cute ! Another cat lover so !
    Have a nice week !

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds fabulous! I love seeing where other crafty people create. Have loads of fun! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...