Thursday 27 April 2017

Seize the Birthday - Surprise Party Guest! (Final Week)

Good afternoon, crafters

Well today is my last post as your Surprise Party Guest at Seize the Birthday and I've had a wonderful time joining the Design Team for these five challenges.  Thanks to the team for making me feel so welcome and to Nancy for inviting me :)


The challenge starting today is Anything Goes and there's no optional 'Topping' this time so as long as your creation has a birthday theme you can play along!



So, I'll get straight to my card, here it is...


I remembered watching a video by Jennifer McGuire a couple of years ago where she created faux laser cut cards and wanted to do that for this card.  You can find her video here.

Instead of using a coloured card base I marked through my aperture where the circle would be and blended a background with three Distress Inks and then splattered with water to create some interest.  I stamped the happy birthday around the curve of the aperture and then adhered some die cut flowers to the reverse of the aperture to create the faux laser cut look.  The panel was then popped up on fun foam.

Materials used:
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Circle Stax; Memory Box - Gorgeous Gardenia Outline
  • Stamp: Altenew - Beautiful Lady

Challenge entry:

Happy Little Stampers - April Anything Goes with Dies
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #239 - Clean and Simple




I'm so grateful for each and every one of you visiting my blog.  Thanks so much for the ongoing support.




13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. You already know that this is one of my fave die cuts and you've showcased it perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Anita. Love how you did the faux laser cut look and the pretty background for it. Thanks for being our guest designer at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the blend of colors in the background - and it is a perfect die for the technique! Thank you so much for the lovely inspiration, Anita!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Anita! Absolutely gorgeous - the pop of colour, the die & the curved sentiment, so terrific! So glad you could play along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Anita! Thank you for sharing the link to Jennifer's video. I have never seen this technique before and can't wait to try it myself : )

    Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday as our Surprise Guest!! you are an asset to Blogland in every way.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sensational Anita! Love the blended background you created and that intricate die cut I may have to have! It's been a pleasure having you with us! Please take care and we hope to see you soon in our gallery! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you sweety
    and so happy your card is on my Commenting Area SMILE
    this is so stunning the Color behind the Die cutting is stunning Anita
    love love it and your CAS style is Wonderful
    Elegant card!!
    many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this week
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful...so elegant! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've mastered (or rather, surpassed!) Jennifer's technique, creating a card this is breath-taken-away stunning! Love this! So thrilled to see your creativity in the HLS Anything Goes with Dies gallery!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Anita! That delicate die cut is just beautiful, and looks even more so with your perfectly sponged background. It was so wonderful to have you as a guest at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! A technique which I should remember to give it a try!!! A stunning CAS design, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. I need to try this technique soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...