Last month I was lucky enough to be the Lead for the Green challenge at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge. And by winning the challenge I'm delighted to have been invited to be their Guest Designer for the next challenge, which starts today.
So, without further ado here's the inspiration photo...
And here's my interpretation...
I think it's fairly obvious which elements I used from the photo! I started by stamping the tulips with a little masking for dimension. I then cut a rough mask to cover the flowers before gently blending through a stencil to create the background. I then took inspiration from the cracked paint on the chair in the photo and used a die to cut some patterned paper which was a great match for the flaking paint, and I then added a little shading to the edges of the jar die cut to add some depth. I then stamped the sentiment, matted the panel onto some orange cardstock and then adhered it flat to the card base.
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Spring Blooms, With Love
- Ink: Altenew - Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart, Frosty Pink, Cotton Candy, Forest Glades, Frayed Leaf; Distress Ink - Weathered Wood (stencil shading); Versafine - Onyx Black
- Stencil: MFT - Checkerboard
- Die: Clearly Besotted - Spring Blooms (jar)
- Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants Designs - Country Boutique
- Coloured Card: Papermania
Inkspirational - Challenge #132 - Spring
Creative Inspirations - Challenge #272 - Spring Spectacular
Penny Black and More - April Challenge - Spring
Stamping Sensations - April Challenge - Anything Goes
Uniko - Challenge #40 - Spring with an Optional Twist of Easter
Thanks so much for stopping by today. And a big thank you to the team at Curtain Call for inviting me to join them for this challenge.