Saturday 17 December 2016

Less is More Week #307 and #308

Hi there

A new challenge is starting at Less is More today and it will run for two weeks to cover the Christmas holidays.  And we have a Theme challenge for you which is...


Children


Due to the pre-Christmas craziness I've only had time to make one card for you for this challenge.  And while trawling through my stash I realised I have very little to fit this challenge.  But I did find this cute ballerina image from one of the very first Clearly Besotted stamp sets, Twinkle Toes.



I started by stamping the ballerina image using my MISTI by repeatedly stamping with pink and lilac ink, overlapping in the centre until I had an even ombre blend.  The image was then die cut with the stitched rectangle.  I stamped the sentiment onto the card base in VersaMark and heat embossed in silver.  The die cut panel was adhered using fun foam and the gems and stars were adhered to add a finishing touch of sparkle.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Twinkle Toes
  • Ink: Altenew - Rose Quartz, Soft Lilac; VersaMark
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Inside and Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangles
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver
  • Accents: Smooth silver gems and stars from shaker selection - From stash

Challenge entry:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #224 - CAS


Thanks so much for your visit today, and to all of you that have participated at Less is More throughout the year.  My teamies and I love seeing how you interpret our challenges each week.  As this is a two week challenge hopefully you will be able to find some crafty time over the Christmas break.  The next challenge at Less is More will be on New Years Eve.



7 comments:

  1. This is so sweet - what a cute image! I love the diagonal stitched border too, giving such a fab, solid edge. Adding stars out of the wand was genius! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way that you created that soft blend on the cute ballerina image is so effective, Anita! I love the soft colours combined with a touch of silver sparkle :) Great inspiration and I hope that you have a fabulous few weeks over the Christmas period x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super pretty and the perfect little girl card Neets. Your ombre ink effect is simply inspirational. Love it. Super CAS yet super detail too. Have a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card Anita in these shades of pink ! The dream of all the little girl ! That was my daughter's dream when she was a little girl but It's still is her passion now that she is taller ! I will try to play to this last challenge of the year, but I'm like you, I don't have a lot to fit with this challenge...hopefully there are two weeks to find an idea ! Thanks for sharing. And have a very merry Christmas !
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable image, awesome ombre inking,and love your stitched frame...Thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge, hope to see you again
    Zeljka DT xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet card - thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I am soooo late visiting Anita, afraid I've been like you - had a manic Christmas with no time for blogging. Anyway your card is just beautiful. Wow! what amazing heat embossing on the sentiment. It looks so 3D. The pastel pink colour suits the image perfectly too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...