At Less is More this week can you believe it's time for another One Layer challenge?! And we have an interesting one for your one layers this week...
I should have been using this as an opportunity to make more Christmas cards as I'm still way behind with the amount that I need, but no, I went with a Thank You and an Anniversary! I'm so helpful to myself, lol!
Anyhow, here goes with card number one where I used an outline style font...
I used some watercolour cardstock as my card base here and watercoloured a central area with three colours of Distress Ink. Once completely dry and prepped with my anti-static powder tool I stamped the Thanks in VersaMark and heat embossed in white. That was it for this one. The card is a little warped from the water and the heat embossing so I'll need to place it under something heavy for a while longer.
- Ink: Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch; VersaMark
- Stamp: Uniko - All Occasion Sentiments #6
- Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
CASology - Challenge #227 - Space
And now for my second card which has a few outlines..
I started by embossing my card base using a stitched heart die. I then stamped the pebble couple before masking and then stamping the bench. Next I chose a 'happy' in a shadow outline font which I stamped in red to match the enamel heart I added above, and then finished off the rest of the sentiment in black. So I have the outline image, the heart outline and the outlined 'happy'.
- Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Heart Stax
- Stamps: Inkwell Stamps - Pebbles Allsorts; Wplus9 - Whole Lotta Happy; Clearly Besotted - Happy Everything (anniversary sentiment)
- Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versa Color - Camelia
- Accents: Enamel heart from stash
Penny Black & More - December Challenge - Black and White Plus One
My teamies and I would love for you to join in and play along this week. They have also created some wonderful cards this week so please do take a minute to visit their personal blogs if you can, in between the madness of the Christmas preparations!
Hope to see you again soon :)