It's Recipe challenge time at Less is More for the next week and we have a fun one for you....and a choice. So why not enter more than once?! We would like to see you using...
Vellum or Acetate
I've made one of each for you so let's get to it...
This card uses some vellum I've had for absolutely ages! It comes from a book of tone on tone vellum that was part of a larger set of books of papers I bought from QVC, in the days when I bought all my craft kits from there. The vellum is clear and it has a slightly pearlescent design printed onto it...that wasn't my handy work folks!
So I started by cutting an angled piece of vellum and then masked off the lower part of my card base that would be showing below it. I then sponge blended some distress ink fading down from the top of my card base underneath where the vellum would be overlaid. I stamped the sentiment in a co-ordinating ink onto the base and then adhered the vellum on the reverse where it folded over the top. A few sequins were added to finish.
- Ink: Distress Ink - Cracked Pistachio, Altenew - Mountain Mist
- Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Just Fabulous
- Vellum: Hot Off The Press - Tone on Tone
- Sequins: Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Icicle Sequin Mix
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #216 - Anything Goes
STAMPlorations - October Challenge - Theme / Sketch - Stamps and Sponging
And for my card using acetate I created a very CAS shaker...
I started by die cutting the flower from a panel of white cardstock. I adhered some acetate behind the opening and then inlaid another die cut from the same die, this time from pearlescent cardstock. I stamped the 'hi' sentiment in black and then added lots of 3D foam to the reverse of my panel, particularly around the flower head as this part was to be the shaker element. I marked in pencil on the card base roughly where the flower head would be and then sprinkled on some sequins and beads before adhering the panel over the top.
- Die: Creative Expressions - Scribble Flower
- Stamp: Paper Smooches - Bold Buzzwords (a pre-loved set recently purchased from the lovely Michelle Short - Thanks Michelle!)
- Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
- Sequins: Little Things from Lucy's Cards - True Blue Shaker Selection
- Pearlescent cardstock from stash
The Flower Challenge - Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
Thanks so much for visiting today. If you have the time please do pop over to my fellow LIM teamies, they have some great inspiration for you. I'm really looking forward to seeing your CAS ideas for vellum and acetate this week.