It's new challenge time over at Less is More and this week we have a Theme for you which should give you lots of options. We would like to see...
Incy Wincy Spiders / Insects
I've got two cards to share with you...
I chose this cute little bee for my first card and used it as part of my sentiment. I stamped the bee, then masked it before gently blending the honeycomb background through a stencil. I then positioned and stamped the sentiment in black. The bee was then coloured with pencils and a little clear Wink of Stella added to its wings. The panel was popped up on 3D foam.
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Cute as a Bug, Sugar & Spice
- Stencil: Imagination Crafts - Hexagons
- Ink: Distress Ink - Wild Honey, Mustard Seed; Versafine - Onyx Black
- Coloured with Derwent Coloursoft pencils
- Accents: Wink of Stella - Clear
CAS Colours & Sketches - Sketch Challenge #195
Virginia's View - Challenge #24 - Focal Point
And what better than a Halloween card for our spider theme...
I started with a panel of white cardstock and blended some purple Distress Ink fading out from one corner. I then die cut this with a wonky rectangle die. I stamped the spider and sentiment next in charcoal and black ink. I wanted to add a spider web but didn't have a stamp or stencil in my stash so I used a Quickie glue pen to draw the web and then sprinkled over some fine glitter. I then added some splatters in green and orange before mounting the panel on 3D foam onto a black card base.
I don't know why but very often my purples seem to look bluer in photographs. And the glitter is super sparkly in real life which I really struggle to capture.
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - In Print, Message Me
- Ink: Versa Color - Charcoal; Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Ink - Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, Carved Pumpkin
- Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Reverse Wonky Rectangles
- Accents: Quickie Glue Pen; Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Frost - Frosty Dawn
Simply Create Too - Challenge #120 - Halloween
The Male Room - Challenge #46 - Halloween
Just Add Ink - Challenge #333 - Just Add 'G' (Glue and Glitter)
CASology - Challenge #219 - Spooky
Fantasy Stampers - Challenge #73 - Black Magic
My teamies have created some wonderful projects this week so why not pop over to the challenge blog if you need some inspiration. This theme has great scope so I can't wait to see what you create this week.