We have some wonderful news along with the new challenge at Less is More this week. First the challenge details, and for our Recipe challenge and we would like you to...
Use a Stencil
Now for the news...
We have a fabulous new LIMette joining the Design Team. And who better than Esther?! Esther plays along every week and the support she gives to her fellow participants is amazing. I think you'll agree that she will fit in just perfectly with our great little team. Welcome, Esther! x
Now onto my cards for this week...
I recently purchased a stencil featuring different sizes of stars so decided to do a little layered blending with Distress Inks to create this one layer card. A bit of masking off areas of the stencil and shifting it around was all that was required before stamping the sentiment in black and adding some starry bling.
- Stencil: Efco - Stars
- Ink: Distress Ink - Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord; Versafine - Onyx Black
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Twinkle Toes
- Accents: Papermania - Sparkling Stars Assorted Pastels
Just a little stencilling to accent the background on this one...
On some teal green cardstock I used an oval aperture cut from a scrap of cardstock as a mask and stencilled some translucent embossing paste through a striped stencil. Next I stamped the flowers onto some clear vellum and heat embossed in white before adding some accents with a white pencil on the reverse. The sentiment was also heat embossed in white and the flowers adhered over the oval detail before adhering the panel to the card base on 3D foam. I'm a little disappointed that I've lost some of the pencil detail on the bloom, I couldn't find my thick vellum so this was very thin and the glue was much more visible. Oh well, you get the idea!
- Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
- Stencil: MFT - Diagonal Stripes
- Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver - Translucent
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - To Have & To Hold, Pretty Petals
- Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Ovals; Clearly Besotted - To Have & To Hold
- Ink: VersaMark
- Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
- Vellum from stash
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
Penny Black and More - June Challenge - Flower Power
My teamies have worked wonders with their stencils this week, we have a really diverse selection so why not take a look, and on their personal blogs too. We would love for you to join us this week.
Thanks so much for visiting today.