The first Saturday of the month means that our new challenge this week at Less is More is a Colour challenge. And this time we would like you to...
Use Some Purple
For my first card this week I've used some stamps by STAMPlorations, sent to me by the super generous Shery! Thanks so much for my happy mail, Shery!
I stamped the rose image with waterproof ink onto some watercolour paper and coloured it with my Inktense pencils and water. I then stamped the sentiment from the same set in black ink. The plan was to add diagonal stamped stripes to the corners but I messed up my stamping so I saved my panel by slicing off the two corners and then mounting it to my card base which was first covered with purple polka dot paper...phew! I think I prefer this look anyway, so never throw away creations that could be used after all! A few sequins finished off the card.
- Stamps: STAMPlorations - About a Rose
- Ink: Archival - Jet Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
- Coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils
- Patterned Paper: Dovecraft - Back to Basics IV 6x6 Designer Paper Pack
- Accents: Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Sparkling Rainbow Sequin Mix
Addicted to CAS - Challenge #89 - Petals
I did a bit of masking to create this next monochrome card...
I started by masking a cardstock panel with the aperture created from a circle die, which I placed off the edge. I blended within the mask with Distress Ink before splattering with water. I left the bottom part of the mask in place but removed the top half before stamping the foliage in three different purple shades extending above the circle. The sentiment was stamped in black before adhering the panel with 3D foam.
- Ink: Distress Ink - Wilted Violet; Versa Color - Imperial Blue, Boysenberry, Heliotrope; Versafine - Onyx Black
- Stamps: Inkylicious - Meadow Breeze; Clearly Besotted - Brushed Greetings II
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Mask It
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Monochrome
CASology - Week #200 - CAS
Thanks so much for visiting today. My LIM teamies and I would love for you to join in this week so if your creation is CAS and uses purple, why not link up?!
Hope to see you again soon.